good replacement engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonardlcb75

trying to find a good replacement engine for f4.6 can anybody help.

thank you

There are lots of threads on this and lots of talk about engines in the the engines section. Personal preference is the Picco P3 28. Many will choose the LRP 28 Spec 3. Both are great engines and both are about the best you can get for you money as far as durability, tuning, & power.

If you go LRP make sure to match a pipe to it. They're finicky about the pipe. I've run mine with the HPI polished one and was impressed. From what I hear the right pipe will set her free.

Yep, you cant beat that price. $99. My favorite right now is the Picco.28. Next would be the LRP spec3. Both are almost double the price of that Axial though. Thats the best bang for your buck. I have a feeling that a few new engines will be out shortly. The 5.9 is probably going to start a trend. The new surefire .32r may be worth considering also. haven't seen it in person, but Jeremy's vid looks impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running the axial 28 and it is very comparable to the 4.6 and a reasonable price. I would recomend it very much. the only problem i had was shortening my throtle control arm. ? It would open the carb very far only half way.

bump 38500 sounds a bit hi.. Is this a good number > ?

Latest posts

Members online

Back