Glow Plug Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvon

So I have done my break in and tune, about 7 tanks all together. The last time I started her up, when ever I was at idle for a extended period of time, I would apply the throttle and then it would stall. I had to rev up the car ever so slowly to have it not stall, sounded like it was trying to clear unburned fuel. I have heard that break in is hard on glow plugs would this my case? The car runs fine besides that idle / stalling issue.

when ever I was at idle for a extended period of time............ had to rev up the car ever so slowly to have it not stall, sounded like it was trying to clear unburned fuel.

good idea to replace your plug, but ya, your right on with this, the mill will only idle for so long before it gets 'choked up' with fuel. wont do it as much if you get a good mod job, more air.

if you run her a bit on the lean side itll idle all day and not die when you mash it. but thats how i blew up my f mill. lol.

Thanks for all the replies, the car is broken in, and tuned. I'm running around 240 F temp now. Good power, drives well, the motor would just stall until you cleared it. Now that it is tuned how long should a fresh glow plug last?

Thanks for all the replies, the car is broken in, and tuned. I'm running around 240 F temp now. Good power, drives well, the motor would just stall until you cleared it. Now that it is tuned how long should a fresh glow plug last?

if its stalling at idle either turn the idle screw in to raise the idle, or lean the lsn a touch(not much)

you really shouldnt be broken in and tuned by tank 7.....broken in maybe...
but like bank said, doesnt seem like a plug but a new one wont hurt at all. the LSN should prob be an 1/8th richer..

I'll take the feed back (thanks all), and I will sort it out this weekend, I plan on going to my local track on sunday for the first time (with the savage)!

So.... I adjusted my throttle linkage, new glow plug, and all is well. I had a buddy with me this time since I'm new to Nitro RC. The only issue my buddy had on my tune was that my LSN was to lean. Riched it a 1/8th turn, and idle's great and no stalling. While we were out he did burn one of his clutch bearings in his Mugen. He's a little anti Monster truck so I laughed a little bit.

Thanks for all your help!

Nice ok same problem as you with sarting the truck stalling so what you said should help, but my trouble is little more bad... My truck a 4.1 thats runs great, so i went out and bought a spur gear 52, think for more responce, but i never got the truck started when i place it, in OWB trouble, took motor out swapped with dads 4.6, now the 4.6 that would run great with my dad, now seems to burn up the glow plug, yeah its too lean becasue it burning up, but it shouldn't be after i tuned it today, it was perfect, but still burn't through another plug ( 3 now ) i notice after i let off the gas it seems to have high rpms still, unno what it is, maybe the spur gear is doing out those plugs, unno, any help will be great thanks the different between the trucks where mine - 3 speed and spur gear i never got to try ith my 4.1 dads - 4.6 motor

Latest posts

Members online

Back