Fuel Tank Relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

This may of been asked a hundred times but it there a place to relocate the fuel tank as its difficult to use the pull start?

Thanks

The most common relocation is what is called a mid-tank mod. The tank is moved to the area of the electronics box, usually getting a bigger better tank as well. This also requires purchasing a small receiver box and relocation the receiver to the outside of the TVP.

Ah ok. I’m not sure I want to do all that. The rear looked a good place behind the wheelie bar. It would be covered by the shell. Would this be good or should I look into mid relocation?

There is an exhaust that mounts behind the rear shock tower, in the position you speak of. It looks great! It's one major flaw......you hit the truck on its tail and you destroy it. I suspect the same would be true for a tank sitting back there.

I never did the mid-tank mod. I just put on a smaller tank to help with a consistent tune from full to empty as I never had a great time tuning with the stock tank. Some have had ok results, but for me, I end up with pig rich when full and painfully lean when below 1/4.

Easiest to do if you have the XL or if you run 4 big bore shocks, gives you room to put something else in:
2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank-Combined.jpg

2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank.jpg

125cc ofna tank, 19076, a 4MM longer bolt drilled through the throttle mount, washers, fuel line and a 1/4" round bar L brackets I made for the rear.

One thing you can do is pull the rope out, wrap it around something near the engine so the cord doesn't suck back into the engine. Get the rope out of the handle, then put 2" or so of fuel tubing on the rope, then put the handle back on. I've done that in the past.

2007-1110-PullStartFuelLine.jpg

And here, I added to the piece that was there. The top of it was small enough to fit inside the fuel line and the fuel line fit inside the handle, so it worked out well:
2016-0427-LRP28S3-ExtendedStartHandleStandoff.jpg

That’s a good idea I may have to give that a try. Don’t really want to take cafe off as it’s protecting everything

In response to the pull start I extended just like you said! Works perfectly! No more grazed knuckles

Attachments

• 3A211641-E62C-4BD3-A995-6041EDE3110F.jpeg
    3A211641-E62C-4BD3-A995-6041EDE3110F.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 16
Glad it helped.

Not sure I'd go that long though as now it can get pinched between the roll bar and the ground on a band landing. Would suck to have the rope broke/ripped out while out bashing. I'd change that so the handle is just below the roll bar, then you can still get at it and you don't run the risk of getting it snagged in a crash.

Latest posts

Members online

Back