Force R32 5.2cc mill, good or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fantastic build made & like you say only day one are you going for beating record this new year you do actually have some sleep don’t you, Lol?
Why do so many of those receiver lids go missing, is it because people get hacked off with them & bin them?
That exhaust looks like it’s going to be loud mate?

Another fantastic build made & like you say only day one are you going for beating record this new year you do actually have some sleep don’t you, Lol?
Why do so many of those receiver lids go missing, is it because people get hacked off with them & bin them?
Thanks mate & Happy New Year to you. Well did get to bed at 3am but completely missed seeing the New Year in. One minute it was around 7:30 then the next thing you know 3am this morning, anyway sleep is over rated, Got to make the most of the time were here bud.
Yer don't get it with radio box lids, nearly every truck I have bought has had it missing, lost track of the amount of new boxes I have bought from WS. Just fitted the battery hump, it's only a 1200mah thought it was 1600 but it will do for now, dialled the new servos in and adjusted the trims & end points so it's already to go now. just need some good weather.
The guy I got the pipe from did say it was very loud, it has a 15mm exit pipe on the second chamber, LOL. Well the 2nd chamber is 15mm all the way through saying that. Not much a 2nd chamber at all really just a mega phone. This one will probably pee the neighbour off when I fire it up in doors like I do. LOL. Thought I would leave it on this shell as it had already been cut to accommodate it. Will put the ally one that was on this build on the Bounty Hunter instead. One more composite pipe in the bin, only one left to get rid of now.

Well bud it's now the 2nd of the month and the 2nd build, Seeing as the green truck turned out to nice to bash throw this one together today. And this one will be the bash truck finally. Still short of a mill but will get the 25 off the green truck when the new R32 engine arrives for that one. Other than that it's all complete except for one dog bone which I can't find for love nor money and some new fuel lines. Break down of this one is.
2 speed tranny, stripped, shimmed and reassembled with new stainless casing screws and new output cups.
13/43t spider diffs, regressed & shimmed, new cup joints.
New 47t spur gear & slipper pad.
20kg steering servo with 10kg on the throttle/brake. Half ally servo saver & ally servo horn.
HPI TF-40 2.4Ghz radio with mating RF-40 receiver.
Your old anodized shocks, rebuilt & resealed with a set of stainless springs, metal lower ball-ends running on 50wt oil.
All TVP fixings changed to Stainless Steel.
Other than that everything else is just degreased, washed and reassembled.

She anit the prettiest of things and the shell really has seen its day. but looks like I finally have a shed I can have some fun with.
1672625346597.jpeg1672625420046.jpeg1672625457844.jpeg1672625505909.jpeg1672625560216.jpeg1672625582897.jpeg1672625610482.jpeg1672625641811.jpeg1672625720397.jpeg

So now that make 12 Savages in my collection & from looking in my parts box have just enough parts left over to put 1 more nitro model together. short of a gearbox but 1 in the post from Luke, short of a set of dog bones but again a couple of sets of them super duty ones due from Robert this week, & one servo. If it does happen then it will defo be a basher as all the parts now left are parts I wouldn't normally put on my trucks, but might as well use them up.
Then it's time to start thinking about a Flux build.🤪😛👍

Well the new Force R32 5.2cc mill arrived today. Just waiting for the new mount & flywheel to arrive from WS models. Should have been here on Wednesday but good old DPD have been on top form again and looks like it's going to take them 4 days to do a 24hr delivery. A piss poor delivery company if ever I saw one. Won't be using their services again that's for sure.
Not sure which I am going to fit it on yet but It won't be going on either of the 2 bashers that's for sure. To nice and new for that, LOL.
1673035538473.jpeg1673035563805.jpeg1673035581458.jpeg1673035607839.jpeg

Nice one Gazzman, wouldn’t call it a shed though mate!
That cooling head looks huge, is it that much bigger then the .28 mill?

Nice one Gazzman, wouldn’t call it a shed though mate!
That cooling head looks huge, is it that much bigger then the .28 mill?
Well a shed in my eye bud, Yes was thinking the same about the cooling head myself. The block seems to be pretty large as well compared to the 4.6. Put a bit of after run oil in it and a new N4 plug and man has it got some compression. Can't be arsed with trying to start this thing with a pull start so going to pop a roto on it, thought i had one in my box but seems all I have is a couple of K-series 11mm ones and a 14mm with a left centre wand drive, want a left top corner one as works well with both old & new shock tower so something else I to blood buy, this hobby never ends.
Got 15 new pull starts now if anyone need one. LOL.

Well the new Force R32 5.2cc mill arrived today. Just waiting for the new mount & flywheel to arrive from WS models. Should have been here on Wednesday but good old DPD have been on top form again and looks like it's going to take them 4 days to do a 24hr delivery. A piss poor delivery company if ever I saw one. Won't be using their services again that's for sure.
Not sure which I am going to fit it on yet but It won't be going on either of the 2 bashers that's for sure. To nice and new for that, LOL.
View attachment 10759View attachment 10760View attachment 10761View attachment 10762

I LOVE the one in my XTM MMT, lots of power and runs cool, You are gonna LOVE that MONSTER Engine... I broke mine in using the pull start (not a fun job) then fitted the Sullivan Tigerdrive onto it.... Trust me and loosen the glow plug the first few startups until it breaks in a bit...

I LOVE the one in my XTM MMT, lots of power and runs cool, You are gonna LOVE that MONSTER Engine... I broke mine in using the pull start (not a fun job) then fitted the Sullivan Tigerdrive onto it.... Trust me and loosen the glow plug the first few startups until it breaks in a bit...
Hi Jamo, Hopefully I will love this one aswell, Don't think I will start the run in process until the weather improves but as for loosing the glug plug that will be a must on this mill. With the plug in I can't hardly pull the pull-start. Wouldn't mind a Tiger drive unit on this but don't think you can get the wand through the rear tower with one fitted. Did look into getting one early last year but can't now remember why I didn't.

Was it Nova that produced nice shiny fat cooling heads, wonder if that would of fitted onto mill?
Don't know mate, I like the LRP spec 3 cooling head, but don't know if that one fits either. Do know I'm sitting in the Laundrette as the tumble dryer at home still not been fixed, what a way to spend Saturday morning.

God what with car don’t need that mate! 💩
See the Nova heads are still available, have emailed them asking dimensions of it & if there’s one to suit!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novarcpr...8-3204-4162-8551-51b0f916ee8e&redirect=mobile
As far as cooling head changes, what I do know as have tried it. The bolt holes are different between the F4.6 & the K5.9, not far out but still not the same. Didn't think they would interchange due to the larger size of the block. I reckon tho that it's a pretty good chance a cooling head from one 4.6 would fit another. As we know Force make engines for alot of RC manufacturer so maybe look at what ones they make mills for and try one of those.

Wonder how successful spraying with high temp would be, can only find Matt chrome finish that is high enough temp?
Euro car parts do different colures of VHT engine paint. It's quite a thick paint for a spray can if I remember right. That F4.6 crankcase I sprayed with Tamiya PS Gunmetal is still holding up well and hasn't dulled or shown any signs of heat damage which has really surprised me.
Regular paint is good for temperatures up to around 200°F according to most manufactures, white will go a yellowy colour tho.
Buy an old cooling head and try it to see what the finish is like.

And the parcel from WS has finally been delivered by DPD, what a shower of shite that company is, was due to be delivered on the 3rd, got it at 5pm on the 7th. Have had a full refund from WS for the postage tho which is good.
Can now get on with the build of basher 2. plus now have the new flywheel & engine mount for the R32 mill. Things are looking up.👍🤪

All well that ends well then Gazzman! 👍🏻
Yes was hoping to find a high temp chrome mirror finish but all I can find is Matt chrome!

So Bash truck 2 is now at the roller stage. New rear diff case & bulkhead kit arrived today as the old one was smashed to bits and was more araldite glue than plastic. This was the diff and bulkhead set off the front of one of the trucks I got in a package deal just before xmas. Looks like it had been driven into a wall flat-out, I have never seen a diff case broken into 5 pieces & the bulkheads in 3 pieces, everything on the front was either smashed or bent. It's not the prettiest truck out there and by far the doggiest I have ever put together but it is made from 90% parts that I would normally just throw in my parts box for a rainy day. So hey it is what it is.
I am still missing a steering servo & radio gear, will probably throw a Feetech 35kg in it as i love these servos for the money. Can't add it to my GT3b handset as have run out of memory slots on it & used my last TF/RF-40 set on the last build. It does need dog bones but am waiting on a couple of sets of IRC ones to arrive for a couple of my other trucks so will switch these out when they arrive. A few other bits will get changed in time like the ally skids as one has a tap shred off in one of the bumper fixing holes and you can't drill these things out. And of cause will need to but yet another engine. Hopefully will find something secondhand in good nick.
So here it is in all it's glory, LOL.
1673124672436.jpeg1673124714742.jpeg1673124756107.jpeg1673124817736.jpeg1673124912889.jpeg1673124984639.jpeg1673125077604.jpeg

It's hard enough getting a good finish on Lexan which has a glass like finish to start with, and you would never get metal to that level of smoothness even with primer which would ruin the finish anyway.

Not a shelf queen admittedly mate, but amazingly you have built another savage in such a short time! 👍🏻
As ever will take your vast knowledge & not take that idea any further mate!

Not a shelf queen admittedly mate, but amazingly you have built another savage in such a short time! 👍🏻
As ever will take your vast knowledge & not take that idea any further mate!
This one will be the last mate. Well nitro powered anyway, still might put a flux together seeing as have that gearbox for one.
As for the chrome painting, it's just my opinion from trying this sort of thing myself. Even when I do get a good finish it seems to dull off over time and starts to look more like wheel silver. Also doubt if the heat would do it any favours and would more than likely turn it a dull grey.
If the Nova head did fit the Force mill you could always just polish the top fin with some jewellers rogue.

Well the new Force R32 has got her new home, I have fitted it to the new IRC Low Cg build. This now frees up a K5.9 that was it to put on the green truck that has the carbon fibre TVPs and the 25 mill from that can go on the 1st red bash truck. The truck with the carbon TVPs also got the black GT5 wheels from the bash truck. Thought they would go better with the dark colour of the carbon fibre.
Did fit a set of ally clutch shoes, 17t clutch bell and switched the 12mm OWB for a 14mm & turned the cooling head through 90° so the logos are front and back and not on the sides.

1673212196296.jpeg1673212218217.jpeg1673212321024.jpeg1673212348779.jpeg1673212388954.jpeg1673212430818.jpeg1673212471614.jpeg1673212491614.jpeg1673212540446.jpeg

So now the R32 is in the IRC Low CG truck this freed up the K5.9 mill which tonight got fitted to the Green carbon fibre truck which in turned freed up the 25 which was on it ,so now that has gone in the basher. All engines now in the correct trucks. Just need one more for the 2nd bash build and then I think I'm done.
So now the basher is finished and ready for an outing. Nice to finally have a truck i can use & abuse, Only taken 13 builds to get there but has kept me busy.

1673303544957.jpeg1673303571510.jpeg1673303613456.jpeg1673303689962.jpeg1673303793107.jpeg1673303891380.jpeg1673303977832.jpeg1673304009737.jpeg1673304095204.jpeg1673304243922.jpeg

Can’t believe your done & this is the last one mate, Lol!
Well finally run out of alot of the major parts now bud. Got no more TVPs, only one spare diff, no diff cases, the only gearbox I have left is the Flux one, no more skid plates & lots of the little bits. All used up now but did manage to put 14 trucks together so not to bad.👍
Still got a Flux XL to make yet, yes I know, the dark side here I come, LOL.
Still got the urge for another FG monster truck this year so gotta start saving my pennies anyway getting bored with putting these crates together now, got to the point can do them with my eyes shut.

Still got this one to finish tho, Only short of a few bits now, seem to find more parts everytime I rummage through my parts box, need to find a slipper disc then can put the spur gear on, know I've got one somewhere, LOL. have mislaid the throttle to carb linkage now as well, know I had it as it can be seen in photo 2, other than that just need and engine, steering servo & body.
1673382875928.jpeg1673382956272.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back