Force R32 5.2cc mill, good or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Ok well here is the question. Is anyone running the Force R32 5.2cc engine in their Savage and if so what do they think of it?. Looking to buy a new mill next week and have been looking at these mills. Have a couple of R28 4.6cc ones already and must say, bang for the buck are really good value for money. Also really good on fuel and spare parts readily available. Don't want to go with a R36 5.9 as these are as woeful as the K5.9 on fuel and would like more than 9 mins run time from a tank of fuel. I have 4 of these so know, trust me. Yes I know I could convert to a 250ml tank but can't be done with that crap. The main things in my decisions here are 1st, I don't have one of these mills yet & 2nd the fuel consumption. I know the consumption won't be as good as the 4.6 but it must be better than the 5.9 one would think.
Now the difference in HP is only 0.3 with the 4.6 coming in at 2.7@38000rpm and the 5.2 coming in at 3hp@33000rpm and the cost between the two being little. I know it should run good as all Force mills run well, Remember Bang for the buck here, it's just down to the consumption. No point having a basher that need fuelling every 9 minutes so no 5.9 option.
Now on another note anyone running a Thunder Tiger Pro50 8.0cc mill from the Sledge Hammer truck, now these date back to 2008 and yes I know they were a moddied Heli mill just that been offered one cheap, cheap and wondered if worth giving it ago.

A few years back I replaced the .28 SH that was in my XTM MMT with a force .32, it had carb problems at first and I put on the SH carb, so it would run right, never did get that carb to tune right, it sits in a box with other stuff.... I still gotta put a new sleeve and piston in the .28 sh, I have all the parts but I haven't bothered with it since I stopped running nitro cars, they are fun and I enjoy them but the exhaust hurts my lungs so I stopped running them, besides electrics have come a long way in the past few years, maybe it is time to sell off all that nitro stuff and move on LOL

This is the engine I put in the MMT, it is a beast and runs reliably now...

Attachments

• oFNA .32 -1.JPG
    oFNA .32 -1.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Ofna .32.JPG
    Ofna .32.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 2
  • OFNA .32-2.JPG
    OFNA .32-2.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 2
  • OFNA .32-3.JPG
    OFNA .32-3.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 2
  • OFNA .32-4.JPG
    OFNA .32-4.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 2
Fuel Mileage? not sure, the tank in the MMT is 290 cc and I usually get tired of running before it uses all the fuel.... It does have plenty of power, the MMT weighs in at 18 pounds so no lightweight for sure, but it makes it go like a scalded dog

Fuel Mileage? not sure, the tank in the MMT is 290 cc and I usually get tired of running before it uses all the fuel.... It does have plenty of power, the MMT weighs in at 18 pounds so no lightweight for sure, but it makes it go like a scalded dog
Thanks for the input Jamo, Think I may get one of these to try. Like I said only a few more quid and I do know from experience that Force mills are value for money. Not the best on the market, but one of the best bangs for the buck. And very easy to obtain spares for if it goes tits up. Already got 3 .28s and just fancy something different.

Thought this was agood price Gazzman unless you have seen cheaper elsewhere mate?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hong-nor-force-32-52cc-nitro-engine-sg-crank-slide-carb-28778
Yer not a bad price bud, think I had this one bookmarked. But may have to wait another month now as think I will be picking up 2 more Savages tomorrow. One a complete runner and the other a roller. The runner has carbon fibre chassis and the roller has the Innovative-RC Losi shock setup on it. Will probably just take off the parts I want and break the rest.

Yer not a bad price bud, think I had this one bookmarked. But may have to wait another month now as think I will be picking up 2 more Savages tomorrow. One a complete runner and the other a roller. The runner has carbon fibre chassis and the roller has the Innovative-RC Losi shock setup on it. Will probably just take off the parts I want and break the rest.
If I do end up getting them will end going from no spare gearboxes to Having 4, LOL.

Mate what are you like, you can’t help yourself Lol!
Carbon fibre TVPs sounds interesting, haven’t seen them made by anyone for years where did you find them?

Yer I know LOL, but to many good parts to miss out on them, ones got a Tsias stinger pipe, so that will replace the composite one on the Bounty Hunter, Always fancied a set of those Losi big shocks and see as has the Innovative-RC mounting kit thought why not, plus got a tank guard, Also fancied some spare diffs, always come in handy. running low on dog bones & drive shafts, hinge pins and all that sort of stuff so yer it was a have to have purchase. Plus the price is really good and it's local. Win win.🤪🙃👍

Last edited:
Mate what are you like, you can’t help yourself Lol!
Carbon fibre TVPs sounds interesting, haven’t seen them made by anyone for years where did you find them?
Anyway you can't talk bud. New set of TVPs the week before last and now you go and spunk all your WS vouchers in one sitting.😉😉🤪👍
The runner does only come with a 25 mill but better than a kick up the arse. Just add it to my collection of them.

Lol, what can I say couldn’t help myself plus wanted to save on DPD Express delivery & it was all in stock! 👍🏻
Good find on Tsais pipe is it a genuine one or copy like mine?
What state are the carbon TVPs in, forget company that used to do them?

Lol, what can I say couldn’t help myself plus wanted to save on DPD Express delivery & it was all in stock! 👍🏻
Good find on Tsais pipe is it a genuine one or copy like mine?
What state are the carbon TVPs in, forget company that used to do them?
Morning mate, Well not sure where a genuine or copy on the pipe, cant tell from the photos, as for the TVPs wasn't it HPI that made them?.
Anyway may not be happening yet as still waiting for my job to pay me. money should have been in my bank this morning and not there yet. Meant to be collecting the trucks at 9.30. There is someone else going to look at them and they are being sold on a first come first basis. Will just be my luck bud to get paid late. Been the last working day of the week for last 9 years. LOL. except the one I need it to be.😠👿👎🏼.
So want plans have you got for the truck today, know you will be having a fiddle & final adjustments.😉😉

Last edited:
Morning mate yes see that 1001 hobbies has them for silly money £178 or this great company comes up trumps again!

https://rc4me.us/product/hpicfx46tvp/
How typical with pay check some call that Sod’s law mate! 🤬

Yeah pretty much done with what I wanted to get done, although might pull out g/box & have a look at shimming it up! 👍🏻

Morning mate yes see that 1001 hobbies has them for silly money £178 or this great company comes up trumps again!

https://rc4me.us/product/hpicfx46tvp/
How typical with pay check some call that Sod’s law mate! 🤬

Yeah pretty much done with what I wanted to get done, although might pull out g/box & have a look at shimming it up! 👍🏻
Yes 1001hobbies do have a lot of good parts for the Savage but do have some silly prices plus although they have a .co.uk website they are in France as found out when I bought a 3 speed kit from them earlier in the year.
See the ones on RC4me are the X version, the ones I am hoping to get are the old 25 style. Also see rc4me are out of stock.
As for shimming the gearbox, like I said did one of my 3 speeds the other day and found that an extra 0.2mm shim next to the original one on the centre shaft between the 2nd gear clutch and the flange bearing took most of the wobble out. Also shimmed both input & output shafts at the ends between bearings and the shafts to remove alot of the end float. If you do this just make sure there is still some float there after shimming.

Okay thanks will keep that in mind!
Wonder if the slop/wobble in gearing effects the ability to tune & change up through the gears & helps to make the job even harder to find that sweet set point?

Okay thanks will keep that in mind!
Wonder if the slop/wobble in gearing effects the ability to tune & change up through the gears & helps to make the job even harder to find that sweet set point?
Could well do mate, don't really know just that I don't like them loose.
On another note just had a reply from Robert and hes done the new dog bones and going to Nickel plate them today. Apparently stopped doing these ones due to the cost of the Nickel, so getting the finish I wanted. He's doing a batch of plating today so should see them 1st week of January I hope, Knowing him hopefully will get 2 sets back, fingers crossed.
Lukes just emailed to say he has sent the 2nd gearbox this morning, so that's good to.
Also yesterday you were saying that the Trendz tyres are pretty thin, which I must say is what I thought when I got my 1st set but just been comparing them to the old Dirt Bonz and they feel about the same. But like you say, don't think they would last long on a flint/sharp rock surface. Not that mine will be seeing any of that type of ground, worst thing I gotta worry about is a bit of dog poo.

Well it happened, 2 more sheds added to the collection. One runner and one for parts. Finally got the Innovative-RC shock tower adapters to go on my Innovative-RC LGC build with the Losi shocks, got the rear lower turnbuckle adapter with the truck so that was good. Means the rear turnbuckles can be fitted to the front of the rear wishbones instead of the rear as the mega Losi shocks occupies this space at the rear. Now I have them not to sure if will use, as not sure if I like them, will fit and see what I think. Only really wanted the top shock tower adapter to go with the LCG build anyway. What this space as they say.
The runner is in pretty good nick, only a standard Savage 25 all the way with a new unused GT2 Body shell the addition of purple ally skid plates, ally tank guard, 2.4GHz HPI RF-40 radio and mating receiver, 5 cell rechargeable battery hump, a set of Carbon Fibre TVPs and a Tsias stinger pipe, which will go on my blue bounty hunter truck which has recently melted it's top quality HPI crap composite pipe .
Both will probably end up getting broken for spares which is a shame for the runner as once stripped and cleaned would make a good truck. Both have been sitting in a loft collecting dust and dirt for some 10 year due to the owner becoming disabled.
Well this is them:
1672452519687.jpeg1672452558574.jpeg1672452579440.jpeg1672452618588.jpeg1672452652131.jpeg1672452701502.jpeg1672452872765.jpeg

1672452754387.jpeg

1672452805968.jpeg1672453026779.jpeg

Well 4 hours in and the roller is no more, just a pile of washed & cleaned parts ready for the next project, a few parts will of course go on to my present trucks but my spares box is now starting to fill back up. The front diff & bulkhead assembly was completely destroyed & held together with araldite, the truck must have had a major front end impact with a park bench or sommit similar. Never seen a set of diff bulkheads smashed like these. Top marks to the person responsible. Even the diff case was busted. The rest of the parts have cleaned up well Just the back end to strip, clean & box now.
1672462472455.jpeg1672462500629.jpeg1672462557401.jpeg1672462648128.jpeg

That’s a fantastic price for mill will be very interested in your thoughts of it comparing it to the .28 mill. 👍🏻
Yes, not a bad price. And yer will be interesting to see the comparison between the 2, as you know I have a new Force .28 so will be a good test. Somehow think the .28 will come out on top. but you know me, Think my thought behind this are the facts that all the mills I have larger than 4.6 are K series ones and although great when tuned right which doesn't happen very often and when you do get them in tune doesn't last for more than a couple of tanks. At the end of the day, didn't have one so had to try one. Nothing like doing the test yourself, almost bought the Force .36 as only £11 more but like said before think they are as bad on fuel as the K5.9, stands to reason.

Last edited:
Yes be interested in which mill you prefer for speed & fuel consumption between the two!
Would the .32 require a metal s/gear or could you still get away using stock?
Like I have mentioned to you in past if only the Force mill heads were better looking, it’s the only thing that lets them down. Although have seen different heads fitted to them if buying from aliexpress I think?
Wonder if an HPI head would be compatible on them?

Yes be interested in which mill you prefer for speed & fuel consumption between the two!
Would the .32 require a metal s/gear or could you still get away using stock?
Like I have mentioned to you in past if only the Force mill heads were better looking, it’s the only thing that lets them down. Although have seen different heads fitted to them if buying from aliexpress I think?
Wonder if an HPI head would be compatible on them?
Lol, thought I was going mad but see the edit! 😂🤣😉
Well Bud you will the 1st to know. got a feeling my preference will be the R28, don't know why just got that feeling, but the only true way to find out was to but one. Yes I must agree the bland cooling heads do let them down but Force make engines for many brands of RC so very possible you could change the head on them. Must say I really like the head on the LRP mills.
Talking about AliExpress, keep seeing Force R38 engines yet Force don't list it on their website.
LOL, yer with my typing the edit key is the most used. And this ain't down to auto spell either as I do most of this on a PC and not phone.
Anyway here is the R38 & specs.
1672498214604.png1672498242177.png1672498265911.png1672498284131.png1672498458964.png1672498483068.png

Yes see the .38 & thought strange as only thought they went upto .36 mill?
The trouble is there appears to be so many Chinese companies all copying one another & churning it out cheaper then the next one!🤬
So are the fixing head bolts on the HPI F4.6 same dimensions as the Force .28 I wonder?

Yes my first thought was a copy. The box even looks like it comes from Force, got 2 here, one from the .28 & one from .36 both look exactly the same as the one in the photo. You just gotta love the Chinese were would we be without them, LOL.
Had a look at Force Engines website and they do engines bigger than the R36 but not listed for cars. But as you can see from the spec sheet this R38 revs to 35000rpm with a hp of 3.9@33000 so not a Heli mill. Would like to get one just to see what they are all about.

Well the Basher build is now finished, only problem with it is, is that it has come out to well and not sure if I want to take it out and wreck it. Think I will have to put another one together out of the spare parts. It's running a stock 25 at the moment with a 2 speed tranny, 13/43 spider diffs, 15/49t clutch bell setup with ally clutch shoes, 20kg steering servo & a Tsias stinger pipe.
Stripped the engine & gearbox yesterday and both looked really nice inside. Mill looks like new inside and has very good compression, not had alot of use by the looks of it, front bearing and back plate were both dry with no oil leaking out. Gearbox also looked like new inside just needed to be shimmed and greased. Carbon Fibre TVPs are damage free with no scraps to the underside. Fitted a set of heavy duty nickel plate centre drive shafts as had them kicking around, switched out the old style primer tank for a non primer unit, fitted a half ally servo saver and ally horn. All the shocks have had new seals top & bottom with new metal lower ball-ends, now running 50wt oil. Full stainless screw kit fitted aswell. Got a rechargeable 5 cell battery hump to put in later, then all it needs is a radio box lid. Have got a couple of the old style ones complete but as we all know these are a pain in the arse getting into. Need to add a few stickers to the body as looks a little bland but other than that its come out pretty sweet. The new .32 mill will probably end up getting fitted to this truck when it arrives next week. Happy Days.😎🙃😉.
Just though, it's only the 1st day of the new year and ready 1 build under my belt.👍
1672572021251.jpeg1672572046750.jpeg1672572111644.jpeg1672572254826.jpeg1672572290680.jpeg1672572311204.jpeg1672572339544.jpeg1672572369183.jpeg1672572402881.jpeg1672572461848.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back