flux updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajadre

haven't been for a while life tings :( anyway added some things to the flux got myself one of those dusty motor covers for the beach this weekend (hoping I don't have to do a fullstrip after lol) one of those Russian bombproof shells its xl size so ive removed the wheelie bar til I custom one up etc and got hold of a cheap hauler bag to move every thing around etc

11tv9df.jpg

25yxfr6.jpg

10xy8oi.jpg

Thanks Nightflier I have the hobbywing max 8 (6s) and castle 2200kv motor on stock gearing etc in have only run 4s so far but just bought 2x3s to try the weekend at the beach :)

nice matey my mate bought the mmx for his xl which seemed to have great power!! quick question will stock gearing will ok on 6s power ie I will keep an eye on temps of course but with summer coming up and now having that dusty motors cover (will be removed if running in non dusty areas in summer heat) be ok do you reckon?

Yes I'm also running all stock flux hp gearing even converted the transmission into the flux single speed tranny. I think you'll be ok with the dusty motors cover on just watch the temp.

In case you wondered olds there no way unless you use the programmer to control it on 6s. I just had a LiPo puff so I'm running it on 3s for now.

In case you wondered olds there no way unless you use the programmer to control it on 6s. I just had a LiPo puff so I'm running it on 3s for now.
I used the programmer on mine to dial the punch down to 75% (which is 25% punch in weird castle terms) just to keep it from flipping on the roof every time I tapped the trigger under 3/4 throttle.

True I gotta feather the throttle on launch even on 4s so will prob run the 2x 3s separate for more runtime I think there 5500mah so should be good for 15-20mins x2 ,3s is nice for the bmx track we use as it isn't that big so you don't need mega power or you end up over the berm haha
I got a hobbywig prog card but haven't even tried it out yet lol @ olds yeah I went through a few shells at the beginning slideing them til they burn through lmao

I used the programmer on mine to dial the punch down to 75% (which is 25% punch in weird castle terms) just to keep it from flipping on the roof every time I tapped the trigger under 3/4 throttle.

I have not tried the programmer yet. I have the usb one no cable or working computer. I shouldve got the card instead but me being a tight butt i didnt.

I have not tried the programmer yet. I have the usb one no cable or working computer. I shouldve got the card instead but me being a tight butt i didnt.
I got the card because it could do both. It is pretty handy. I have a castle (or castle branded) esc in 3 of my 4 electric trucks. I also export the settings and save them as a screenshot for historical purposes so I can reference them later without taking the receiver out of my truck.

That's one thing I wish castle would not be a douche about. Put a friggin permanent port on the esc to plug in the card so we don't have to open our receiver box, take the receiver out of the balloon and have to fight with it again to put it back in the box. The ESC is always exposed, so help your customer out and give us a port to plug into more easily!

I have my esc quite high up in mine level with rear body mounts and I hate the 3 caps on the hw escs as ive knocked them twice already and ones got a tiny dent may have to make up a protection plate above it or next hit will be game over for that esc I think lol :woot:

Here's how I did mine haven't had any issue's with the esc getting damaged . Except for a very hard landing where the double sided tap let loose and the esc fell off luckily all was ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_223840-5636.jpg
    IMG_20170217_223840-5636.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 4
looks good mate ive got standard length atm hopefully may be able to drop the esc plate down a little on the tvps ill pop a vid up 2mrw after the beach carnage taking the flux,xmax,dbxl-e and a vorza down for some fun :)

Yeah we did matey love the beach now, only damage was broke a susp eyelet on bottom so had to buy the rebuild kit for one part lol at least I got spares now :) think were going back down this weekend defo beats bmx tracks

well rebuild kit turnt up but the eyelets are different lol so have ordered 4 new plastic big bore flux shocks now so should be able to run the weekend hopefully :) hows yours going nightflier? love that avatar bro good to see family in rc and having fun :cool:

How's what my plastic big bore shocks? Yea my son is awesome he's my little sidekick.

Yea sorry I have a flux converted savage and a savage .25/x4.6 my son has a jump shot sc. I love my flux it's a beast but it's sat more than I'd like to admit since the x maxx showed up

Here's how I did mine haven't had any issue's with the esc getting damaged . Except for a very hard landing where the double sided tap let loose and the esc fell off luckily all was ok.
Mine is in the stock location on the Flux HP esc plate. I have it ziptied twice (left/right, front/rear) as well as double sided tape. I did have just one ziptie going left to right, but after a hard nose landing, the esc slid forward about 1/2", so I put new double tape and 2 zipties on it. Don't want my MMX wires getting ground up in the spur!

I've been having somewhat bad luck with my flux. Some due to user error, others just bad luck. Totally ripped up the front end last weekend when it landed in somewhat soft dirt. Instead of glancing off the ground, it dug in and the left arm absorbed all the force, snapped the lower aluminum hinge pin brace and ripped the hinge pin through the bulkhead, tweaked a shock, mangled my skid plate and split my bumper in half.
2018-0422-SavageFlux-Damage03.jpg

At least I didn't snap a shock end. Probably a first for that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back