flux updates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol true dat nightflier :woot: good news guys my mates selling me a xl roller with savox servo and mamba x 2200kv motor a few shells and sets of wheels for £250!!! :woot: so mine will be converted to xl size watch this space!!!

Bit of a disaster day today lol
sad.png
got round my mates this morning and he had finished the conversation, looked amazing
tongue.png
but hadn't noticed he had changed the outer axles to the longer xls and added wheel extenders they seemed a bit loose but not enough to worry,so got to the beach put first 4s in seemed fine for 5minutes then the esc kept thermaling and cutting power so thought it was power problem and changed new lipos same thing
cry.png

The motor and esc were also warmer than usual so checked her over as it seemed like something was binding the drive and causing the motor and esc to work harder and shut down,noticeD my IRC dogbones were sloppy as hell as the xl axles are larger than the hp one by a couple of MMs causing the dogbones to bind up
eyesroll.png
so stopped running and watched instead at least I don't have to charge lipos for next week haha
grin.png

so plan is to change outer cups back to my hp ones and lose the alloy extenders as they have to much play which my flux hp didn't so will just sell the xl axles and extenders on I think,got a bit of footage will do something with it later as am starving now and need my sunday roast
wink.png

so for the 10 mins I got to run she seemed to handle a lot better xl size hardly any wheelies etc and better up the dune hills with the extra length it also looks a lot more badass stretched hehe
cool.png

all sorted now removed the xl outer drive cups and put hp ones back on ( 2mm ball difference ) with extenders and had a test run no thermal so no binding hehe ready to roll baby :cool:

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Another test run this morning all good still loving the xl size now wheelies a lot less on 4s and turns a lot better cant wait for the bmx track now

yeah they are buddy saying that Ive ran little truggy 17mm on the bmx track and it drifted like a beast haha not so good for jumps so made the truck bounce and flip forward lol :) ive swopped over to my orange rims now for 2mrws bash and put some new wheel hexes as the star ones my mate gave me have already started to wear whie spannering on them :oops: got some hex black open caps now go with the back shell etc

Looks like a fun place to bash. Although, you guys seem kind of pokey. Just learning the track a bit or your tires not hooking up well?

I've had that issue at a bmx track I go to once or twice a year. Tires that work great on grass don't work well on that small pea gravel/limestone stuff at all. I found that proline trenchers work good on it though. Tall enough tread to find the hard ground through the gravel and soft enough that it bites what it does find pretty well. Then it's just a matter of hitting the jumps at the right speed.

That jump out of the skate park is really nice though. Especially if you hit it hard enough to land in the tall stuff for a cushion!

@ olds yeah the tracks brand new about a week old so the top layer haven't settled which give mega grip I broke a dogbone pin and cup where the tyres hook up so much lol :argh: the track layouts a bit weird as theres no flow to it you hit the jumps on angles which is fun sometimes haha defo more practice up there matey we off up there 2mrw for a few hours :)

That's the way the one I run at is. I mean, it's setup for bmx, so can't expect it to be perfect for RC's. There are quite a few jumps that do work well if your not afraid to air it out a bit. The pea gravel was the most annoying thing. Very loose to drive on, but with the trenchers, both trucks that had them did really well there. I ran my 4x4 stampede and flux hp there. Had some t-maxx tires on my brushless revo and it couldn't hardly get out of it's own way! lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back