FLM TVP's for flux conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddie_fiddler

I have found a seller on ebay selling the FLM TVPs and its quite tempting to get as my next "major" upgrade for my flux conversion.

Does anyone know if there are pre-made mounting locations for battery boxes? When I did my conversion I had to find a way to mount them myself on the standard XL TVPs (there are no standard mounting locations on the stock TVPs as far as I'm aware).

Is anyone running these with a flux setup that can comment on them? I've done a little digging on the forum and I can see a lot of people have done upgraded to these TVPs and say they're pretty good - just not sure on the compatibility with the battery boxes.

They aren't terribly expensive, its just the shipping cost thats a bit extreme - but if they support the battery boxes without too much hassle then I reckon it'll be worth it.

Cheers in advance!

These parts are from Fast Lane Machine. They truly some of nicest aluminum parts that we have found. These high quality works of art don't just look great they are very strong. They will give you the quality you are looking for with the strength that everybody wants with a price you won't believe.
FLM Part #FLM45600
THIS KIT IS ONLY FOR SAVAGE NITRO TRUCKS WILL NOT WORK ON FLUX.

seeing as they are for a nitro Savage I doubt they have predrilled the battery box holes in the chassis.....
I copied that first part directly from your sellers description of said plates

Omg I didn't even read the description of the product :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to know if anyone has done a flux conversion with these TVPs though - or at least know of any other tvp's that would be suitable for a flux conversion

I've found a post on a separate forum of a flux conversion with these TVPs.

Apparently he managed to mount the boxes:

"Installing them was a challenge with the FLM chassis. The Flux chassis is setup for the battery boxes and everything just screws in. I was able to actually find a place for the boxes with no modification to the boxes or chassis. I was not able to get all of the screws in, but I added extra support via some large cable ties"

Its weird, in the post he says "everything just screws in" but in the same paragraph "I was not able to get all of the screws in"...
Which is it?! :unsure:

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_223840-5636.jpg
    IMG_20170217_223840-5636.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20161210_214634-5185.jpg
    IMG_20161210_214634-5185.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20170304_150807-5708.jpg
    IMG_20170304_150807-5708.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 26