Exhaust Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chibby

I was ripping my truck around the yard yesterday and crashed into my dog. As a result the exhaust pipe slipped out of the silicon connector and was basicly running strait out the back through the manifold.

As i drove it back to the garage, I noticed a signifigant power increase. My question is, can i just make a short pipe that runs out strait like it was? seems all i would need is a nipple for the fuel pressure tube. Is there any damage that would result of this? If it works would it act like a small gas engine and effect the acceleration with the length of the pipe?

anyone have experience with this?

hope your dog is okay, i nailed a dude i worked with once & it wasnt pretty.

google "how a nitro motor works" and it will give you info on how the exhaust pulse travels from the x-port down the length of the pipe then back up through the pipe and into the motor chamber to fire the unburnt fuel.

to answer the length question its yes. you use a longer/shorter header & also a longer/short pipe to achieve the rpm you want.

only person ive ever seen run an open pipe is actually the boob i hit with my savage. he ditched the idea quickly.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8035

Latest posts

Members online

Back