engine won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harty1209

hi guys I've just rebuilt my hpi savage 5.9 engine but it won't start it fires but will not run I've reset the carb back to factory setting as I've been told to do.i replaced the owb piston and sleeve and crank sealed the engine so the motor is brand new on the inside can any one help

Open up the idle a bit, either with the screw adjuster or if you have the electronics in, with the trim.

Also, loosen off the glow plug a bit, the compression may be too high at this " new" condition.

Still no joy the dose not seem to be fuel going though unless I put my finger over the exhaust ?

Last edited:
I've always primed the truck it's just once it's primed and I don't have my finger over the exaust the fuel dose not seem to be going through stripped motor back down and noticed the starter shaft was damaged plus one of the shims was missing so it looks like those little jobs need doing that might help

I've always primed the truck it's just once it's primed and I don't have my finger over the exaust the fuel dose not seem to be going through stripped motor back down and noticed the starter shaft was damaged plus one of the shims was missing so it looks like those little jobs need doing that might help

I would also look around for air leaks.

just to let you guys no, sealed the motor replaced the tank as it had a small crack in the top changed the glow plug and the motor is now running sweet thanks for the help but now i need to cure the mid tank lean any ideas plz

Latest posts

Members online

Back