Engine starts, runs but doesnt accelerate savage...plz help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanitro11

I'm running a .26 engine that starts fine, runs but doesnt accelerate. I've checked everything else on the truck. If I lean the engine out it runs better and accelerates alittle but runs too hot...I have no idea what it can be, clutches?plz help!

Oh yea it has good sound n everything. The more I lean it out the better it gets. When I full throttle it, it goes really slow until i lean it...but the more I lean it the hotter it runs. I'm lost on ideas?

when you say hotter, how hot does it get?...normally, when you lean it, it shd run hotter....and it's normal...

if you don't have a temp gun, just use a spit test...spit a tear of saliva on your finger, dab it onto the lowest portion of your cooling head (where it joins the crank case)....if the saliva sizzles a couple of seconds of so, it should be alrite....but if it just disappears straight away, then it's too lean....

I understand...i have a temp gun n when i leaned the fuel out and it was running better the temp was around 294 degrees, I knw thats too hot. I shut it off then. I dnt knw?

Maybe about 9-12 tanks. Bot really sure bought the truck used. Both engines have good compression. I have two of the exact same engines one runs fine the other one over heats. Could it be the carb?

if there is only 9-12 tanks id say its not really brokin in yet. id run the motors one at a time for at least 5 or 6 more tanks then try and tune them together. one might have brokin in faster then the other.

have you checked for any leakage?...did you seal the engine?..

No I haven't checked for air leaks nor have I sealed the engine. How exactly do you seal a engine?

thanks everyone for the helpful advice...if i can't get these two engines running correctly then I knw what that means...TIME TO UPGRADE ENGINES!HAHA...What brand of engine do you all recommend? I need two. Nothing too expensive!

Latest posts

Members online

Back