Engine back plate / starting the engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven

Hey Guys

I have an issue with my backplate (where you out the roto start into the engine to fire it up). Suddenly it simply wont turn the cylinder - allthough it actually spins around.

Whats the issue - do I need to dismantle it or? Anyone experience a similar issue??

Thanks a lot in advance

br

Peter

Thanks a lot guys - I will go down to my local rc dealer and get a new bearing and a pullstart:)!

Thanks again

Peter

i keep a spare oneway and a pullstart in my feild bag just in case, i run roto start makitia style

If you are running a stock savage x 4.6 rtr the 2 part numbers you will need is hpi 1430 and hpi 1428 on most of hpi packaging they are listed for the hpi s-25 motor which uses the same parts as the f4.6 in the rtr truck.

Your one way maybe ok. I've had this problem with both the roto start back place as well as the pull start back plate. The problem is that fuel/oil leaks from where the shaft goes through, and then the bearing can't grip the shaft. You can clean the shaft and the inside of the bearing with some nitro cleaner, and then it'll work again, but only until enough fuel leaks back onto the shaft. Then you'll have to clean it again. I've tried sealing the shaft with various things, but I still can't get the fuel from leaking through. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back