Dies When Throttle Is Applied

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbnewbie

Can sum one plz help me..I'm new to the hobby and jus recently bought a hpi savage xl 5.9.I can not get this thing to run right..I took it to my local hobby shop and they were suppose to tune it..It ran but was not running like it should and how I seen it run in the videos I've watched(popping whillies and fast)It runs shitty and slow and No whillies..I let it sit for a week cuz I ran out of nitro fuel.Once I got more I filled it up and now it starts but when I apply throttle it dies everytime..I'm so tired of this truck already..I've had it bout 2 months and have not been able to have no fun with it at all yet.

Can sum one plz help me..I'm new to the hobby and jus recently bought a hpi savage xl 5.9.I can not get this thing to run right..I took it to my local hobby shop and they were suppose to tune it..It ran but was not running like it should and how I seen it run in the videos I've watched(popping whillies and fast)It runs shitty and slow and No whillies..I let it sit for a week cuz I ran out of nitro fuel.Once I got more I filled it up and now it starts but when I apply throttle it dies everytime..I'm so tired of this truck already..I've had it bout 2 months and have not been able to have no fun with it at all yet.

You are going to have to learn about the rig before you get any enjoyment from it, Nitro is NOTHING like electric to use....

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/nitro-engine-tuning-guide.745/

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/list-of-useful-nitro-engine-threads.13941/

Read thru the threads I linked and learn about your rig.... the better armed with some know how the better off you are going to be.....

Might be a good idea to start your own thread.

Is the engine broken in?

Was the newly aquired fuel same nitro and OIL content.. i have a feeling the newer fuel has less much less oil and hence the previous tune is too rich, once you give throttle the engine is getting flooded....

Either lean out the mixture (google and youtube how) or to verify this try to keep blipping throttle once engine fires up... if its blubbering its confirming rich setting...

Latest posts

Members online

Back