Did I fry my engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvon

So I had some bad luck today, as my truck body jammed my throttle all the way on and my truck ran away from me. During this my trucks flywheel melted and then my engine revved really high as there was no load on the engine. I started back up right away and it fired up like normal.

My question is...

Rotating the flywheel with my glow plug in I get compression and I can't rotate the engine fully by hand.

Rotating the flywheel without the glow plug I can rotate the engine completely. By hand.

Is this normal not to have compression without the glowplug? I have a little more than a gallon of fuel ran on the engine.

You will fill no compression without the glow plug. Instead of the air compressing it just goes out the hole. That is why it is easier to turn the engine without the glow plug installed. I bet your engine is good to go.

Thanks for the help guys. I just couldn't remember how it felt without the glow plug in.

Thanks again.

Another question is how hot does a bell gear get? Mine seems to get rather hot, and I'm wondering if it would melt the plastic spur gear? I know the clutch shoes work on friction with the bell gear, so some heat would happen.

Latest posts

Members online

Back