Crash's Axial .32 Spec 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

2756355362.jpg

AX041 Axial 32 Spec 1s (green)
Axial32004.jpg

List Price:
$328.50

Step up to the plate today and put the Axial 32 Spec 1s engine into your favorite basher! Axial engines include ABC construction, Composite 3 needle carburetor, 8 port design, reliable pull start, and incredible performance! We use the highest quality materials and the latest CAD and CNC techniques to maintain the maximum quality level possible. Axial engines are also dyno tested to ensure the best level of performance possible.

The 32 Spec 1s is a .32 cubic inch big block engine featuring a machined cast aluminum heat-sink head for extra cooling, dual bushing aluminum connecting rod, true ABC chrome sleeve construction for durability, and a three needle 9.0mm slide carburetor (including 8.0 & 8.5mm optional venturi’s) with a composite body for better performance at higher temperatures. The carburetor features a factory re-set line on the high speed needle, and flush needles making re-setting, to baseline factory specifications, quick and easy. There is also an optional Turbo Button head available.

This is a direct bolt-in replacement engine for any .21+ engine mount, and will accept most aftermarket shaft drive starting systems.

Engine Specifications
Size .32cubic inch/5.2cc
Maximum RPM 34,000
Bore 19.5mm
Stroke 17.5mm
Construction ABC
Heat-sink Head Green Anodized Aluminum
Carburetor 9.0mm Composite Slide Carburetor (includes optional 8.0 & 8.5mm venturi’s)
Carburetor Adjustments 3 Needle, Flush Settings
Case Black Aluminum, Rear Exhaust
Connecting Rod Dual Bushing
Sleeve 8 port
Starting system Pullstarter
Recommended Glow Plug Cold-5 Power Plug

This is my second Axial, my first was the .28 RR Spec 1

Axial_32_Spec_1S.jpg

Axial .32 Spec 1 / 1.66 HP @ 21,750 rpm 77.21 oz-in @ 21,000 rpm 34,500 rpm

RATINGS ARE FROM (1-10) 10 BEING THE BEST

Price :9
my price - $ 145

ebay price - $ 174​
Axial32004.jpg

The tear down, always open up a new nitro engine

you almost always find something, metal shavings ect.

Axial32005.jpg

what do ya know this one was clean, better safe than sorry

I will polish crank now but, thats it

Axial32006.jpg

before pic above​
Axial32011.jpg

after pic above

piston comparison .32 on left .28 on the right​
Axial32010.jpg

alright back together, I did No sealing at this time.

like I said the sleeve is coming back out soon anyway so, Ill tear it down for inspection at a gallon.

The break in: 9

I am useing Odonnels 30 %

I will be useing the 8.5mm ventura

New stoch HPI shoes

Tsais tuned pipe

18 cb / 49 spur

during the break in this engine never died out, idled through every tank like a champ. never got hot

4 tanks on the bench wheels off ground 2 tanks on the ground 1/2 throttle

on 7 tank of fuel I turned hsn in 1/2 turn

on 9 tanks turned needle in some more

testing continues

Tuning: 9 / holding tune easy, wide needle range imo
Maintenance: 9
Value: 8 / for 154 bucks its a great mill
Directions: 9 / good info in instructions
Quality: 8 / perfect so far, no metal shavings anywhere during inspection
Durability: / time will tell
Performance: 7 / as expected so far, no big surprises ( lots of lowend grunt, lacking higher end )

THANK YOU

PRICE 9
BREAK IN 9

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a dremel to polish crank

round cloth wheel and jewelery rouge / 2 steps

Ill post the product used

thanks Brian

MORE TO COME

great review and nicely explained!! reps given!!!

thanks nitro

ran it today for 1/2 tank

it was not wheelieing too much yet so, I had not put my wheelie bar back on.

I think you know what happen next, first scratch on mill . dang it

anyway , it is starting to show a little grunt

I am only just past 10 tanks

I have taken apart a couple of m Axials for cleaning too when they were new and I didnt find anything inside them. But its probably the one you don't check that gets you....
Great review. I'm glad you like the mill so far. Try not to scratch it anymore though. :duh:

I have taken apart a couple of m Axials for cleaning too when they were new and I didnt find anything inside them. But its probably the one you don't check that gets you....
Great review. I'm glad you like the mill so far. Try not to scratch it anymore though. :duh:

Thank you.......................

ran a tank through it today

I didnt touch needle again yet

Its starting to show off now.

wheelies are full on.

210 degrees

great news

Piper got me pics of his professionally modded sleeve.

thanks again bud, no more canadian jokes! lol

so, ill be useing these as my guide for my cuts on the sleeve

Sweet Crash, Please post Pict's of the before and after. We should make a new section for Motor modding. As far as how we did it and all. This way it would help all the new people that are trying it. I know you Crash and I have been working an a few lately. I have a few different threads on porting engines that I have done and I know I will do more in the future. If we did this then people could see what there engines should look like all finished up.

I ran today for a tank, its running at 210 degrees

I still have not touched the needles.

Its performing nice now

took it out of truck to check shoes

I installed a set of new hpi shoes at start up

at 1/2 gallon they are halph gone, thats about rite

ran good today, got 1 or 2 / 100 foot wheelies

1/2 GALLON MARK

Sweet Crash, Please post Pict's of the before and after. We should make a new section for Motor modding. As far as how we did it and all. This way it would help all the new people that are trying it. I know you Crash and I have been working an a few lately. I have a few different threads on porting engines that I have done and I know I will do more in the future. If we did this then people could see what there engines should look like all finished up.

i definatly agree with larsenracing we shoud have a engine modding "how to" section as since reading all the comments from people who are porting and stuff i would love to see how to do it!! I'm gonna try on my little 4.1 since its just sitting around and see if theres much of a difference, even if there isnt its a good engine to practice on lol

Am I being hijacked in my own thread?

you both take a time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just joking, Jason, I would post this suggestion to the administration

sounds like a good one

wow crash nice engine! wanna race sometime?

We can have a pull off

I use old LRP engines to hold my front end down

you know I just havn fun with ya

I just ran another tank through it

to describe the power rite now, would say it pulls harder in the first 50 feet

than the 28 rr spec 1 but, then lets you down a little

maybe she will loosen up and give me more topend

I still plan on a mod job to sleeve

Ya I found that out too. I lost my top end abit. but I could just mess with the BUKU and get more topend.... BUT...... I LOVE MY WHEELYS!!:rock: Crash, do u run the BUKU on that? I got a crazy tork setting for it if u want Cheer!:beer:

Yea man you need to copy the cuts on the sf.32r .. study megas .32r review .. The .32 has great top end even for a .32

how well does the surefire 32 rip jester? as I'm thinking of grabbing one from smf and throwing it in the savage roller i grabbed off ebay a while ago!!!

OK

3/4 GALLON

UPDATE:

Its showing some power now, 2nd gear wheelies at full throttle across the field.

At end of bash (1 tank) it was at 260 degrees

this is the hottest it has got so far, ran great

It is not as hyper as th .28 RR but, it has the power

I think when th porting gets done it will get a little more hyper and hopefully give me some more top end.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this mill as is but, I have the modding itch, and this sleeve is a clear slate,.

"thanks for checking in my thread guys. PEACE!"

Latest posts

Members online

Back