Converting HPI Savage 3-Speed transmission to allow 2nd gear access from outside the transmission case.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't help but laugh at the fact that HPI puts holes on the gear box to give us quick access to the adjustment screws, but then hides one of them inside the gear...

Thank you!
It's for sale on our site:
https://rc4me.us/product/hpi77076plus86361/
Thanks for the info, think I will have to get myself a couple of these kits, as like you say adjustment of the stock unit is a right royal pain. You would have thought HPI could have come up with this idea. I know you do ship to the UK as I have ordered parts from your site before.👍

Thanks for the info, think I will have to get myself a couple of these kits, as like you say adjustment of the stock unit is a right royal pain. You would have thought HPI could have come up with this idea. I know you do ship to the UK as I have ordered parts from your site before.👍
There is a "trick" for international customers:
USPS calculate the shipping cost based on the size and weight of the package. And if the box is too small, it doesn't provide the most affordable "First Class Mail".🤷‍♂️

So, if you add a larger but light weight parts (for example, a pair of A-Arm) into the Cart, you may find the shipping cost decrease significantly.

There is a "trick" for international customers:
USPS calculate the shipping cost based on the size and weight of the package. And if the box is too small, it doesn't provide the most affordable "First Class Mail".🤷‍♂️

So, if you add a larger but light weight parts (for example, a pair of A-Arm) into the Cart, you may find the shipping cost decrease significantly.
Thanks for the info on this, will come in very useful to the future as I do import quite a lot of Savage parts from your side of the pond for my collection as you lot over there seem to have a much greater selection and choice of available parts. if I remember right the last items I bought from you were 3 sets of orange turnbuckles for a savage @ a cost of $75 and the shipping was only $20. which to be honest thought wasn't to bad, and they arrived in 7 days which was bloody amazing.
Over here we have only 2 model shops that I know of which keep a good stock of most savage parts. One being Wheelspin Models & the other being Modelsport. Parts from both of these suppliers have to be via post as they are miles way from where I live and with the great British Royal Mail service can take longer than that to arrive.

Latest posts

Members online

Back