1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clutch shoes and bell

Discussion in 'HPI Savage' started by Samuelviani1, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Samuelviani1

Samuelviani1 Member

i need some new clutch shoes so wondering if i should go with composite or aluminum? And as far as my clutch bell i was running a 19/47 but my clutch bell si pretty worn out and need replacing so wondering what would u guys recommend i have a 17 at home which is the one it came with ‍♂️‍♂️

2. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Well-Known Member

Your running 19/47? What engine/wheels/tires are you running?

Running that tall of gearing, your going to want to stick with alloy shoes. The HPI heavy duty bells have held up well for me against a steel spur.

I tried 18/47 on mine with an LRP30S2 in it. It would go fine, but the clutch would slip a lot in the grass. Think I'm running 17/47 now and it's a happy medium for speed and acceleration even in the lawn. I only have the 2 speed trans though. Not sure what you have.

3. Samuelviani1

Samuelviani1 Member

I have a two speed trans as well and I'm running an lrp .32 spec 2 but yeah that exactly what happend i was running it in some really tall grass and completely destroyed my composite clutch shoes hahaha i might go back to the 17 then its just that with the .32 and the 17 it gets crazy with the wheelies lol