Clutch bell screw coming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I've had my Savage XL for about a 8 months now not had much luck with every time I go out something instantly goes wrong haha.but I've managed to get it to position where 99%works fine.ive just got one problem that keeps happening and I can't get my head around it.every time I fire her up the clutch bell comes loose right away I've changed to bearing the washer the clutch bell it's self and the screw but it keeps doing it can any one help me so I can actually enjoy using it ...?

This may seem like a silly question, but are you using blue loctite on the clutch bell screw?

Need to leave the threadlock to go off overnight. If it isnt working then try a different brand.

2 thought spring to mind, you are using the hex washer and are you overshimming the clutch as you need to leave a bit of endfloat at the end of the shaft where the screw is

I always use a small lock washer and I.. Bear with me here..

Red loctite on everything
And I mean everything.

I've never had things come loose, and with a little more muscle, you can still disassemble successfully.

If not, then a poop load of blue and let it dry for a full 24 hours.

I've been doing this for 5 years though with absolutely no problems or disassembly horror stories.. ?‍♂️

Latest posts

Members online

Back