ClodBuster....Mmmmmmmmm!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampDawg

When i was 12 yrs old this is the truck that not only started MT's in the RC world but is the truck that started me into RC but.... I never could afford it waaay back then but now.....its mine!!

got is for a smoking deal to boot! HaHa!

I installed the wheel widners on it and yet to install my Adj motor mounts from ThunderTech with Kyosho MagMayhems. YuMM

Took me approx 5+ Hrs to put what you see together already and still have a crapload to do yet.....

I'm keeping my eyes open for a chassis i seen in RC Car Action from the mid 80s called the Sassy Chassis which with blue alloy shocks was sooo hawt!

Body will be prob olive drab green.

Front grille semi gloss back.

Bumpers might be painted brushed silver.

I'm really not happy with the wheelbase however so I'm not sure what to do with that part. id hate to have to tear into it cuz the Clod is so neat in its natural form

this will be 1st to be started but i have so much going on right now so its jumping from one project to another. The Shaft Hilux is my priority right now and have been workin on it for the last month+ and still have alot to do.

modified the chassis and x8 shock to gain maximum articulation from stock parts which works out to 5" under that tire as seen. If i push down on the truck i gain a total of 6" YaY!!

also locked the axles out and install full ballbearings.
still trying to get to paint but i have so many damn projects on the go right now. ahha!

Project Shafty Hilux still awaiting for parts
Project Clod still undergoing
Project NTC3 DriftR in front of me.

Savage S25 for sale to start paying for all this stuff. lol

Awesome! I love the retro Tamiya stuff! I've still got this

a5humt.jpg

I'm now thinking on a 1970 Ford P/U lexan for this Clod. PAinting it up as the legendary BigFoot now.

Proline 3205-00

I didn't know they still sold the clod kits. My cousin had one when I was little. From that day of watching him play with that truck, I was going to have one (an R/C MT). How much was the kit? I might get one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was initially a clod i had picked up for dirt cheap NIB but after assembly and finding out for my self that an original Clodbuster is as useless as titz on a horse... lmao!

i tore it apart and started from scratch and decided to make this for my son for his xmas gift. So far i have quite a bit completed on this rig.

Custom TVP chassis

Custom 4-link post mounts/Links

Custom servo mount & steer link

Custom rear steer lockout

Difflockers

Kyosho mag mayhems x2 on stock pinions

Thundertech wheel widners

Nobby tires on stock wheels

TRX EVX2 ESC 16.8v Dual motor

TRX 2055 Servo with kimbrough saver

Body mounts

Battery plate by Axial (still need another for the rear)

AE 2CH Radio (Tx/Rx)

Tommorow i begin the cantilever suspension for this aswel.

Fabbing up my own steel cantilever system and using x4 Tmaxx oil filled shocks when i get a set.

so.... how am i doin so far?

Right side upper TVP chassis and cantilever arms complete.
**Things are just hanging in place as i tinker with this setup**

getting there slowly...

73410_162692963759741_100000571166430_429829_6322810_n.jpg

rcbuggy update....
my sons Clodcrawler is nearing completion now...

All it needs now is some minor tweaking to the suspension, beefing up the cantilever arms, getting the electronics installed and she is done.

33773_166036636758707_100000571166430_452423_312644_n.jpg

after a few months of being out of the RC scene again...
decided to mess around with the Clod, seeing as the cantilever supsension was a flop. ive since then installed the original tub chassis back on the rig using x4 100mm oil filled shocks. the newest thing here is the steering set up using a few Axial parts i had laying around such as the servo plate which i simply drilled x2 countersunk holes into, 6x91mm link and a few alloy spacers on the knuckle.

snc00489.jpg

also thinking on getting a lexan 80's chev p/u sometime for this badboy.

after finally getting back to this project... and getting the rig running. lol

my 5yr old son just got aquainted with his new toy tonight.

198836_202512743111096_100000571166430_717956_6393347_n.jpg

I had a guy who bought an HPI electric RS4MT from me and he said he had about 40 of the ClodBusters at some point...I don't know if I believe that...

Latest posts

Members online

Back