Castle 2200kv motor stuttering so bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingrim weikal

Ok so I was driving my savage flux last weekend and the motor started to stutter when I gently give it throttle thought I had to program the esc. But then today I was driving the truck started to loose power a bit then the motor stuttered so bad the truck shut off on me. Also the motor was very hot to the touch. Any help plz? Thanks.

If you haven't been monitoring motor temps then possibly damaged it due to it getting too hot. Look at changing gearing.

Check all connections are good and solder joints where cable/wire joins connector.

Try different batteries, check low voltage cut off level on esc.

Any idea what temp the motor/esc are? Are you running 4S or 6S? What spur/pinion? What tires?

I run a MMX/2200kv sensored in my flux hp on 6S. I had to drop the gearing quite a bit to get it to not overheat the esc on me. I also added a fan to the motor to help it not get so warm. When I ran 4S, I think I ran 21/44 with trencher 3.8's. When I put a center diff transmission in it (super 5SC from rc4me.us), I dropped it a tooth (20/44) as I was able to run WOT a lot more and things were running on the warm side.

Been on 6S for a while, don't drive it much but the gearing is 16/48 and could stand to go a bit lower.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back