Carbon fiber vs dual red fiber brakes for HPI Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildchild27

DR. DISASTER
Okay, I've seen and wondered what the gain is between the red fiber brakes and the carbon fiber (CF) brakes.

I always thought if you used CF as brakes they would start to break and the fibers would expose and stuff. IDK lol. I can say for the red fiberglass that they work great. The SS ones are mad powerful but, like said, you will be going through pads.

I always thought if you used CF as brakes they would start to break and the fibers would expose and stuff. IDK lol. I can say for the red fiberglass that they work great. The SS ones are mad powerful but, like said, you will be going through pads.

I use dual CF (carbon fiber) Vertigo Performance brakes and they wear very smoothly. No jagged edges or anything.

I may try the red HPI brakes next just to switch things up.

Ohh, I was thinking of CF brakes with the brake pads, but I realized that without the pads they should wear smoothly, like you said.

I run both. Both work great. The Red discs last a long time and break great and the CF discs work just as well and probably last longer depending on what you are using for pads. I am running the same pads on both trucks which is the pads for the Red fibers.

PS. You would not want to run the same materials on both pads and discs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back