Carbon Fiber parts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx Bad, nice find.

i keep meaning to look for a page that shows strength-to-weight differences between metals & carbon fiber.

id like to add that anyone workin with C/F MAKE SURE you read & follow the precautions, it is dangerous & poisonous.

Yeah i thought about in the future to try to use a body for a form, and trying my luck at that, its not to terrible to work with, but it can get pricey tho.

Correct is can be done at home but you will need a few other things to lay it up.

You can also purchase Pre-preg which already has the resin in it. It's not to bad to work with but still takes talent.

Right, a curing oven is one tool you'd need, but a regular oven can be used provided you've got one you plan on never using for food again. A vacuum-forming table is another tool that you'd need, but you can build on to work with a shop-vac for maybe $40.

Thats correct Ascender, You could probably get by with out the Vacuum table but would be a little more tricky and you would need a smooth flat plate and a bit of weight.

Members online

Back