Carb upgrade question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leshill

New Member
Messages
4
Hi All,

Savage 25 with .25 engine and the original carb as per factory. Carb rotates even when screw is tightened. On inspection, I can see indent in carb body meaning over tightening as occurred. I have a Picco .26 engine with carb. The carb fits perfectly into the .25 engine. Linkage all works fine. Question is, will the Picco carb work on the HPI engine?
 
Question is, will the Picco carb work on the HPI engine?
I've never tried it, but if both carb necks have the same external dimensions, I don't see any reason why it would not work. My biggest concern would then be the possibility of o-rings having dried out and creating air leaks. Having said that, I have a couple of 20-year-old Picco .26's that have zero issues.

What is the condition of the Picco .26 engine?
Is it well used and not running or is it a runner?
Does it have good compression?
If it's a good engine, I would swap out the HPI and replace it with the Picco.
The Picco is the superior engine of the two.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top