Can I use this car grease / lube on my savage XL ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atarioldskool

Hey

I purchased this grease / lube but just wondering can I use it in my rc, particular in the diff - pinions, gears etc ?
I would have thought if it’s good enough for motor vehicles it should be good enough for rc ?image.jpg
image.jpg

Yep pack the inside of the diffs, will work good,
I stopped putting silicone did fluid in my rc's a while back as it doesn't last as long
as a well packed with grease diff,
The silicone fluid allows a lot of diff slip after a couple runs.

yes use a heavier grease to "tune" the differential, I prefer to use a heavy red chassis automotive grease in my diffs......

Would that kind of grease be close to 50wt silicone or is just a case of trying different grease ?

You can find it at most auto parts stores, it sticks well to the parts, not sure if it is comparable to 50 weight silicone oil. it is pretty heavy I guess considering I packed the diff cavity full then put on the ring gear....

Sweet I might give the grease a try as just used the last of my silicone diff oil, I wonder if the grease is more suited to nitro or the brushless Savages ?

Yep pack the inside of the diffs, will work good,
I stopped putting silicone did fluid in my rc's a while back as it doesn't last as long
as a well packed with grease diff,
The silicone fluid allows a lot of diff slip after a couple runs.

Nice one used it

Sweet I might give the grease a try as just used the last of my silicone diff oil, I wonder if the grease is more suited to nitro or the brushless Savages ?
I use 50K oil in both my nitro and brushless savage in the diff cup and regular axle grease on the ring/pinion. I never tried the red marine grease, so not sure how it reacts, but 50K in the cup gives you decent power to the wheel on the ground if the other wheel is in the air. I never noticed the action changing after a couple runs with oil. I've noticed that with grease as the grease tends to get a path cut through it, then doesn't do much. I only used typical axle grease then though.

The red marine grease is supposed to be pretty sticky. I may order some of that to use instead of the axle grease on the ring/pinions.

Latest posts

Members online

Back