Buying Futaba servos for my savage xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyw

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am glad to be a member. I have a simple question. I bought a Futaba 4PLS T-FHSS 2.4ghz radio transmitter to use with all my rc cars and trucks. If I want to use this transmitter to control my savage xl, do I need to buy both a Futaba servo for the throttle, and the steering to put in my savage xl truck? Thanks. Kelly.

Thanks a bunch. I was thinking if I wanted to ditch the transmitter that came with the savage xl, then I would have to connect my new futaba transmitter to the savagexl somehow.

One thing to keep in mind is you will need a receiver for each vehicle you wish to use the Futaba transmitter with, that is unless you are going to switch receivers every time you run a different vehicle...... servos can be kinda universal but the transmitter and receiver are a matched pair and need to be to work together correctly.....

Thanks. I got my wording on my question mixed up. I guess steering servos and throttle servos can vary in quality as well. I will purchase a correct receiver piece for my savage xl, because I do want to only use my Futaba remote and not the remote that came with the savage xl. Thanks for your help. I hope it won't be too hard to switch out the receiver on the savage xl. Sorry about my confusing wording of my question .

Switching out a receiver isn't too painful. I like to put mine in a balloon and ziptie it once installed. I do the same with the receiver pack. This helps avoid getting them wet and having a run away or damaging them. Ballooning is a bit of a pain, but worth the effort and cost of a balloon/ziptie.

Some servos plugs come with a little leg on the edge of them. I think futaba servos do... or airtronics. You can cut that leg off to fit the servo plug into the receiver if whatever servo you end up with has it and your receiver doesn't have the cut away in it for the plug. I'd suggest you use waterproof servos. It seems my trucks always find the puddle and a wet servo usually means a dead servo. ;)

I have a Futaba 4pls t-fhss 2.4GHz transmitter. I hope the receiver I buy for this transmitter will work for the savage xl truck. I will find my local hobby shop so they can help me change the original receiver in the xl truck to the futaba 4pls transmitter receiver. Thanks for the great advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back