break in tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hopefully time willing I will finally get to break in this sob, wish me luck hopefully it goes smoothly.

Good luck! Going through break in in a slow and controlled manner with give you a longer lasting engine in the end. You'll have plenty of time for fun once break in is done.

Starter locking up all the time cos the engine is so tight, all that fuel going to waste as it pisses out of the pipe
Ah the memories.
Good luck, if you can get a heat gun or hair dryer and warm the engine right up before you start, and once you are doing your first idle tanks don't let it conk out just keep filling the tank, makes life easier.
Good luck!

Well I broke mine in today but had electronics failure, I cannot even drive out 10 yards and my fail safe engages. At first I thought it was the hump pack changed it out for a fresh one same issue. so I will be calling hpi back tomorrow, other then that break in went fine factory needle settings are a joke I couldn't get mine to run above 115 for the first tank of idle so I ended up turning my lsn in about a turn and a half to get the temps above 200 runs and it idles great after that i was running at about 210-215 so i think i will be fine. I just wish I could have finished the tuning process but I will hopefully get a new rx this week sometime. I cannot believe the wheel wobble I have with this kit it is horrible anyone else have this issue? and if so how can i get rid of it? i mean i cant even adjust the toe in and out because it has so much wobble it makes it hard to read where it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Back