Break In Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadler24

Whats up guys, while on my 2nd break in tank on my savage x 4.6, everything was going great until I finally got the temp over 200-220, then the engine would still rev and respond as normal, but the truck wouldn't move. It happened every time at the end of my 2-3 minute break in run, so I shut it down anyway. When it cooled off, started back up and everything was fine. Any ideas why this is? In short, when it gets hot, it stops moving, the wheels don't get power. The motor sounds fine, revs & responds fine, it just doesn't move the wheels... (as if the drive shaft wasn't connected, but it is connected b/c once everything cools off, the truck goes as normal

Thanks for any help
-Keith

check your spur gear dude when the pad gits hot it looses bite when its too lose i crank mine all the way down then back it off 1/8 just a litt.

Alright, I'm gonna check both later after work.. I let u know what hapns. Thx guys

ive also heard of having to lean it to get it to move but if your temps are in 200's it should be close. how much have you leaned (if any)? if its too rich it might be your problem.

my gears looks fine, however there is some depris around the area by the spur gear and under the throttle, etc.. nothing is stripped out though, or even looks like its beginning to strip out... I'm going to run it and see if it happens again...
88, i've leaned a little but not too much, it's only had two tanks so far...

sounds like a bad or loose slipper,try tighting the nut down,i run mine completly tight,if thats all good then i would check your clutch shoes for a bad spring or bad bearing in the cb

Latest posts

Members online

Back