Better Tune pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the ribbed on my Savage 25 and it was pretty dang loud. Maybe about 2 times the loudness of the plastic exhaust, but it has a "rattley" tone to it that makes it seem even louder.

The ribbed one is way too loud for my ears. I like the sound it makes when I'm at my bash spots but i don't like running it on my street. After 5 mins of running the car i literally see the neighbours close all their windows lol!

What's a good inline header for the buku and somewhere you can get. I know it works with the stock one but I'd rather run the one piece or inline or what ever they are called?

Here is how I have mine pointed and it seems to make no mess at all. This is a dubro one which was bent I just cut it off and used the long straight piece.
PRCSavageChassis005.jpg

I'm going Buku also, after some other things I need to purchase. Real Life Truck took a dump on me and now I have to replace the throw-out bearing. :crying: So no goodies for the savy for a while. But yes most definetly the Buku imo.

I have used the HPI ribbed and smooth pipe, and neither come close to the buku!!! I am just using the factory header. I know it seems kind of expensive, but it is well worth it!! Its like getting a bigger engine!!

I'm running the ribbed and it is a bit loud but i love the way it sounds and I'm thinking it might take a bit more abuse then some of the others because when i was putting it on i actually dropped it and nothing happened not even a dent!! the rd logics dual exhaust, now thats loud it actually hurts the ears lol great for those annoying neighbors ha ha

thyrfing thats an crazy little mini clip you get there how did you do that

Photoshop 7 Image Ready..

I started messing with sigs and avatars for bordem, and when I was in online shooting games like Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon back in the day. There are tons of tutorials online that makes it rather easy to do.

ok that sounds like a good idea
thanks

hey guys this is to anyone that has an after market pipe on there truck i need an pipe that is shorter than an stock pipe i have an project that I'm tring to finish and right now i have an stock savage pipe in there and i can't get the body on the truck so anything would help thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the Buku pipe is a little shorter then the hpi pipe. plus the performance is like no other! I can take measurements of the hpi smooth pipe, the ribbed pipe and the Buku pipe if you need. just let me know.

oh, and yes the buku works with the stock header. That is what I am using and have had no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
hai there ~ can i ask.. i want performace exhaust but very as silent as possible...

now i using HPI polish pipe.. do u guy have anyidea that other pipe will be more silent.. ?

oh ya how about buku ? izzit loud ?
here is wat in my mind...

1 OFNA Jammin JP-4 Hard Anodized Off Road Tuned Pipe http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_32/products_id/17372

2 vantage carbon fiber exhaust.

3 Buku ?

i want more silent and more top speed :D

anyreply of this would be higly appricated tq :D

buku is far from silent, the jp4 seems louder than my hpi tuned pipe, and ive never tried the Vantage CF pipe. I don't think there is much you can do to make these things quieter.

My THS is quieter than the stock plastic piece 'o' garbage pipe & has increased performance. i think you may be looking for a miracle in a quieter pipe that will also increase performance. Seems to contradict one another where adding baffles will also create more back-pressure.
Maybe get a buku & a set of ear plugs? lol

buku pipe

Has anyone tried the buku BB pipe on a savage xl? I have one and have been testing it but have not found the perfect setup yet, there are so many options with this pipe. If anyone has videos or experience with these pipes I would love to here from you. I am only interested in stock savage xl 5.9 engine with the buku as I have seen just about every video of the buku pipe on other engines. thanks for any replies

Has anyone tried the buku BB pipe on a savage xl? I have one and have been testing it but have not found the perfect setup yet, there are so many options with this pipe. If anyone has videos or experience with these pipes I would love to here from you. I am only interested in stock savage xl 5.9 engine with the buku as I have seen just about every video of the buku pipe on other engines. thanks for any replies

well, i spoken to the owner of the buku, he said don't try it on the 5.9 since its a different engine, as per conversation with him he told me to use it on any 4.6 engine

u can keep the stock or you go for the ofna JP's pipes

Thanks for the reply, I have tried the stock pipe, the dynamite .086 pipe and the cen gst pipe. The stock pipe is the only one I could get wheelies with but the buku pipe is only a split second behind then beats it the rest of the way through to the top end. I am just trying to dial it in so I won't get taken by that split second off the start.

I have spoken to Dave at Buku also. He is working on a pipe for the 5.9 engine. I wanted a Buku pipe even though testing was not complete and so far it is as good as anything I have tried in mid to high end but slightly lacking in bottom end. I am not an expert at all and maybe someone else will get different results and Dave clearly stated that he had not finished testing. Once Dave gets it fine tuned I am confident that it will be the best pipe out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Back