Better shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codered3232

I'm putting a lot of aluminum on my truck and it's getting heavy. The shocks seem overwhelmed. I was looking for an upgrade on shocks something I can buy not too hard to get.
Thanks

What shocks do you presently have?

People seem to be fairly happy with the HPI big bores and there are lots of customization parts out there.

https://www.amazon.com/HPI-Racing-A720-Aluminum-Shock/dp/B0013B2BM0
Not sure what I'm running, I'll check when I get home. Are parts available from HPI, they have been hit or miss lately

What shocks do you presently have?

People seem to be fairly happy with the HPI big bores and there are lots of customization parts out there.

https://www.amazon.com/HPI-Racing-A720-Aluminum-Shock/dp/B0013B2BM0
20180503_190133.jpg

Those look to be plastic bodied big bore shocks, and BTW running them with that much angle to them sure does make them stiffer, try moving the tops out on the tower and it will soften it up some to absorb landings better along with changing oil to heavier or lighter to tune them...

I am using Integy Big Bore bodies with all HPI internals in them

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1782.jpg

You can still find these body kits out on E Bay, Amazon and on Integy's site, but they seem to be getting harder to find lately.....

Ya the integy units of some kind are all good, they are all stronger with metal cap's

They also have complete xl piggy back shocks, in two versions

I when for the piggy backs with metal lower joints too, they did need a bit of tuning, but well worth it.

Savage drives like a 1/8 buggy now.

Ya the integy units of some kind are all good, they are all stronger with metal cap's

They also have complete xl piggy back shocks, in two versions

I when for the piggy backs with metal lower joints too, they did need a bit of tuning, but well worth it.

Savage drives like a 1/8 buggy now.
Thanks for the info guys. Putting that on my BIG list of upgrades

Latest posts

Members online

Back