Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

I'm looking to buy some new batteries. should I spend the money to get 3s or should I stay with a 2s. Also is there any brand that I should look out for

Power hobby on ebay makes some as well that come with a charger as a combo that i'm running which have been good, and if you want to spend the money you can't go wrong with venom imo they have the best customer service and warranty out there.

Btw i'm running 3s

has anyone heard of bias batteries, Are they any good? they seem knda cheap

also does the mah affect the speed or power of the performance.
I'm a new kid to this so I don't know much. lol

I don't want to sound biased but the name kinda scares me haha. No the mah is just for run times you need to pay attention to the voltage and the
burst rate most brushless systems require 30c or more.

https://www.smc-racing.net/

For a cheaper brand, they seem to do rather well.
I've been running those in my savage flux, ERBE and outcast. I used to run the 9000mah 2S in my savage/revo, but one died on me and I wanted a little less weight. I had been running the 7200mah 2S packs in my smaller trucks because they are shorter and fit the battery trays. Then I just started using those in all my trucks. I have 8 or 10 of the 7200/7400 2S LiPo's. They do a good job for me.

I recently started running 3S in my stampede 4x4 and ejato. So now I'm back to running 2 different packs in stuff. SMC didn't have a 3S that would fit all my trucks, the ERBE being the limiting factor with the short pack height. I should have just bought 3S that would have fit in my small trucks and forgot about running them in my big ones. Neither my ERBE or savage need 6S as they are both animals on 4S. The outcast could run 6S, but honestly, it does really all I want on 4S as well.

Anyway, been running SMC for almost 2 years. I had one cell drop in one of my first 9000mah packs I bought 2 years ago after about 16 months. Other than that, they have been holding up well for me.

@phil I would recommend checking out SMC and Turnigy Graphene LiPo's. Both are pretty well known and highly rated batteries.

try gens ace 5000 2s 50C for $40 or 5000 3s 50C for $56, it has the deans plug, you don't need to change the plug, and it has a great price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back