Banks LRP crank pic added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

Well I was going to send this mill to robin (pruenitro) For a performance mod but I decided to give him a Picco P3 to make me a terrorizer mill out of and just Flow my LRP myself for what ever a flow job could give me. I was not going to post them but it came out nice so I will share the photos. This is the 2nd mill I have flowed. Criticize all you want I'm a hack and know it!

Also no PMs on this please leave your comment good or bad on the thread please.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Crank
DSC_0314.jpg

So thats it ... what ya think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda lookin' forward to seein' that run, got my vid camera ready, you say when. +1

Looks good bank for some flow work. She's sure shiny, must be careful when polishing everything not to take to much off. Bank not directing this toward you just stating it for new modders so they understand.

Should run great. Did you alter timing at all on either the sleeve or the crank. Also how did the ports line up in the block before cutting?

Ports were all fine test fit both sleeves you see there just to see if it looked like Blazes block. Thats what made me open it up in the first place.. No chrome cut on that at all just a flow job.

On the polish Robin told me the same thing. The sleeve is just enough to get a shine out of and more on the cuts of course. My first mill I didn't even polish. To be honest I feel unless you are a bad hack with the dremil you don't need to polish it when done.

Again this was just to mess around as I was board and the mill was apart for the sleeve/block check and found to need bearings so I was not putting it back together till I get them in.

id say you did a good job bank, looks pretty good. Is there a thread on here that shows how to port a k 4.6? I would like to see some picks of side by side stock vs modded. I have (2) k 4.6 motors. I would like to attempt mod work on 1 of them and test it. if it works out id like to do the other one. I would be willing to vid the whole job too as a noobie how to :) ive modded a traxxas .15 in the past and want more power now as I have a larger fuel tank.

shezzz that looks cool. so were would someone learn to do this type work?

shezzz that looks cool. so were would someone learn to do this type work?
Ive just listened to what people have said and what Moder's have said while commenting on peoples work.

Also I have Robin (pruenitro) as a friend and he likes to answer my questions. But now that I posted pics I may be cut off....

One way or the other this is just a flow job it not going to make more power or be a ape of a motor. It most likely will make the mill use less fuel. Maybe run ever so slightly better. Get a angle wrong and it will do the opposite. Leave it to the guys that have been doing it for years and you wont risk the motor....

If you want the most out of any mill you may have. Contact Robin at http://extremercmods.com He'll give you the most bang out of most mills!

Also I have Robin (pruenitro) as a friend and he likes to answer my questions. But now that I posted pics I may be cut off....

LOL, I'm not going to cut you off, I may restrict the info that I share with you though :stickspank: LOL, It is a nice job you did Justin especialy for your second shot at it, but like you stated, there is very little power to be made from just flowing the engine and there is potential for power loss if the cuts aren't made at the right angles, turbulence is a power killer.

Nope you have gave me better pic's than that... they all self destruct oddly

looks nice

but the pics would be clearer if u used a spot light to lighten up the pics, so the aperture of the camera could open wider and makes the pic better to view :)

Point and shoot... Its just a look see not a how too. I take more time with those photos

Yay thread resurrection! Anyways, this is my mill now unless Justin modded another LRP.

Nope thats your motor .. feel free to show them what it really looks like now caz I changed it and never updated this thread.. I think I timed it a lil too after this thread. Not much but a lil bit I know on the new crank..

I have the high res of it broken somewhere. >.> The low res is in my avatar actually.

Not that silly, I was talking about the sleeve.. it don't look like these pics anymore. IF you ever open it take some. How much nitro you have in it now ? got to be near 10 gallons on that old girl... Hows it running ?

I have about 3.5 gals into it since the rebuild you did. Still snappy as hell... and with the new pipe i can't really say it's slowed down at all. It's faster than ever.

I have about 3.5 gals into it since the rebuild you did. Still snappy as hell... and with the new pipe i can't really say it's slowed down at all. It's faster than ever.

Got any vids on a good pipe ? I have only seen it on your HPI pipe made me cringe ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back