Axial .28 vs. LRP 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanitro11

I'm thinking about upgrading my twin engine 1/7 scale truck with either 2 axial .28 or 2 LRP 28. Or if you have another suggestion let me know. Which out of the two would you recommend?? Truck is pretty heavy...

Buy the Picco not much more cash and a far better mill top to bottom.
The quality difference more than makes up for the 20 bucks.
A bit harder to break-in (due mostly to superior and harder materials and its made to much closer tolerances).
Just food for thought.
You can get better mills than the picco just not in that price range.

Chaos.

PS I have ran all 3 and am currently breaking in a new Picco that will replace my last non Picco (LRP).
Good Luck, and you will probably be happy with any of them.
I have the local MT track on my property and need to be compe###ive as far as MT truck racing goes so its Picco power for me.

yes the picco is likely the best choice but i also have to speak up for the sh engines alot don't know much about them so are afraid to try one but i have ran one and there a powerhouse and easy to tune and they keep a tune nicely and there a bit cheaper then the picco,and nitro-newf will take care of you,i have dealt with him (TERRA NOVA HOBBY) in the past and he went out of his way for me and then some so i will be doing business with him again in the future I'm sure..................

yes the picco is likely the best choice but i also have to speak up for the sh engines allot don't know much about them so are afraid to try one but i have ran one and there a powerhouse and easy to tune and they keep a tune nicely and there a bit cheaper then the picco,and nitro-newf will take care of you,i have dealt with him (TERRA NOVA HOBBY) in the past and he went out of his way for me and then some so i will be doing business with him again in the future I'm sure..................

Both the SH mills I had ran fine tuned no easer or harder than a Picco. That being said my Piccos smoked them and I got about twice the life out of them.

To each his own I just thought you might want to here from someone who has actually run them both.
P.S. I have 40+ years in RC

Good Luck Chaos

I'm running a picco now and love it, but have ran the sh engine with no problems but do agree the workmanship that goes into a picco will have it outlasting alot of engines and it does seem to produce a bit more power as well but all i was saying was for the money the sh has been a great engine for me. (i have owned 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good conversation going with good information. I've gone extreme and run Novarossi and fixing to buy a fusion X for a losi. Those are good great engines for a savage truck.

I'm interested to know what the novarossi's are like, i know there one of the best but there a fair bit more expensive so are they worth the extra dough hop? i mean how much better do they perform then lets say the picco????

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back