Axial .28 Spec 1s questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who all runs an Axial .28 Spec 1s? I should have one here for my savage tomorrow. Not sure when ill get to run it, but i have to finish break in on it. The videos i have seen the look pretty peppy. I'm not looking for driveline killing power, just some nice pep, especially on the bottom end.

What gearing are you guys running? I guess ill try 16/49 first. I like some top speed, but I'm more into having a lot of guts down low for climbing hills and pulling the wheels.

Ill be sealing the motor before i put it on the truck, so should have any air leak problems.

Any tips or info on this engine are appreciated!

I have an Axial and was running 16/49 gearing. you should pull the front end up with no problems. make sure you seal the mid-needle(venturi) also because that little sucker likes to walk on ya. Good luck and keep us updated.

Great motor IMO.
I run 17-49 and it hauls.
Have to flip carb and reseal and mid needle too as mentioned.
Loosen glow and heat motor for easy starting on break-in. Be patient!
Double check carb linkage for full range of motion too.

I have one of these motors as well. Be sure to seal that mid-speed needle, I lost one and had to replace the entire carb. I am running 18/49 setting and mine will not keep the front end down. Also, get a Nova RC head for it. This will make it running cooler so you can squeeze every once of power out of it.

Well, i got the break in finished on it today, and ran several tanks through it!

I love it so far. It idles good, starts pretty easy, and has about the right amount of power for what I'm doing. One thing is for sure.... I cant keep the front end down! haha I have flipped it on its back several times already. Its geared 15/49, so its pretty low geared. Not a whole lot of top speed, but honestly, its about right for where i drive. I think its good for about anywhere except an open parking lot! haha

It definately has some low end though, and seems pretty easy to tune so far.

I am having a little trouble figuring one thing out though. Sometimes, I can get it to wheelie like crazy and then others, it seems to bog a little before it takes off. I'm guessing its in my tuning, but I'm not sure. One thing i did find though... I saw that i had slightly cut my fuel line at some time during my running, and I'm wondering if that isnt where my problems were coming from. I got it fixed and ran about another tank through it and it seemed to be much better. Ill be running it some tomorrow unless the weather is bad, but so farm I'm real impressed with this little motor! Its no picco, but it moves my savage plenty good for me!

Hope to have video tomorrow. :cheers:

Eric

Axial says 4 tanks. I ran 5, surely that is enough. It may continue to loosen up, and I'm still running a hair rich, but the initial break in is done.

Latest posts

Members online

Back