5.9 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No Limit RC of Ohio

So, what's the best way to brake in a 5.9? This is my first 5.9 so I would like to here from you guy's. Thanks!!

I did my 5.9 like the manual says, but I don't feel it was fully broken in until after at least a gallon. It seemed to get a little easier to tune after that.

Hey, to answer you question(heat cycle)..
Now my 2 cents.
5.9 is a p_ss poor mill to say the least, it just about single handly turned me away from rc altogether, major issues with overheating, i tryed a number of pipes, from buku to 086. always the same. lean it out to achieve any type of power, and it will hit 300f faster than you can get your temp gun out.
I did have a small amout of luck with a cen genises pipe,( big club like beast), you can get off ebay for around $20.
best advice i can give is sell the mill, while it still has some resell value, and get your self an LRP,picco..it will save you alot of headache and heart break.peace

Now my 2 cents.
5.9 is a p_ss poor mill to say the least, it just about single handly turned me away from rc altogether, major issues with overheating, i tryed a number of pipes, from buku to 086. always the same. lean it out to achieve any type of power, and it will hit 300f faster than you can get your temp gun out.
I did have a small amout of luck with a cen genises pipe,( big club like beast), you can get off ebay for around $20.
best advice i can give is sell the mill, while it still has some resell value, and get your self an LRP,picco..it will save you alot of headache and heart break.peace

Amen I sold mine while I could. Well traded it for servos but never the less...The short time I ran it I knew I didn't want it.

Now my 2 cents.

I wouldnt say all that. My dad and i have three 5.9's in diffrent trucks. Long as you run the 5.9 header and pipe your fine. I know the hpi tuned pipe and the 5.9 pipe are diffrent because the baffels inside are located diffrent. I noticed when my friend got his 5.9 he put a 4.6 header and pipe on there and it was up to like 315 degress. So the 5.9 is good, just have to get the right pipe/header combo.

After looking inside the engine, I have to agree with the others, HPI missed the mark with this one. If you think it's a good engine, you should really try an aftermarket engine, you will be blown away by the difference in performance, Trust me!

Latest posts

Members online

Back