5.9 pull start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majorpaynepoo

I was wondering if anyone knows if they make a pullstart for the xl 5.9? I have the rotostart but hear of plenty of problems with it on here. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan just incase. Nothings worse than pulling everything out and finding out something doesn't work. thanks
bad driver

it was no problem, don't forget to loctite the bolts, i had my roto plate loosen up right after break in was done as well as a few tvp screws.

BTW welcome to the forum.

yep just make sure its for the K 4.6 and not RTR F 4.6

roto start problems

Hi Guys got a savage 5.9 in my xl and the roto start does not engage all the time if i hold the roto it just spins but if i do ywo second jumps it catches, am i the only one with this problem. Is there a better system i can put on or just go to a pull start. I opened the unit and found that the gear mesh is very minimal that is why I am thinking of a pull.

sounds like your owb may be going bad. You can clean it with wd-40 and it should be better for a little while. A pull start for the K4.6 should fit on the 5.9

Little t

I just got the 5.9 for my X and I have the same trouble. My LHS told me to take it apart and clean it and it works for a little while. It came with a pullstart and I converted it over to Roto start, that may have been a mistake. If you get any answers let me know.

is this a common problem, and can i change it without pullin the

I am assuming you mean pull the motor, and if this is what you mean then yes, you will need to pull the motor out of the truck and remove the backplate to clean the owb.

Last edited by a moderator:
pullin the mill

Do you think a pull start would be prone to the same kinda problem or is this just a roto start problem from cranking too much. got about 2 gal of fuel threw it

my roto would almost seem to bind on me when starting the 5.9. with the pull start i have not had any trouble. the roto lasted one gallon and the pull is a little over 1/2 gallon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back