5.9 kinda impressed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkracing

Hello,
Well I was going to get the LRP .30, or the picco .28, still might get the picco,
I broke in the 5.9 as I don't have the cash at the moment for a new moter, and didnt want to wait. I was pretty impressed with the 5.9. Held a tune no leaks, and pretty tourqey. Eats fuel up..... Did I just luck out with this 5.9 ? Or is the nightmare around the corner.

Thanks

I was pretty impressed with the 5.9. Held a tune no leaks, and pretty tourqey. Eats fuel up..... Did I just luck out with this 5.9 ? Or is the nightmare around the corner.

if the mill is workin great for you, just wonderin why you thinkin of buyin a different mill?,

Not going to now, just heard, read alot on the motor, and it sounded to me like it was all n all a poor motor

I found Just the power is poor. I had a Nova rossi .28 and a lrp .28 when I got that mill. Both smoked it. I have heard of many failures. I only sealed the mid screw so it would not move. Nothing to do with leaks. I am very apposed to sealing a mill that can get a oring to fix the issue. I view it as a hack to get threw a weekend till the orings come in...

I sold mine to Jcam and have felt bad about it ever since. I have no idea how it ever ran again after he had it modded. I do believe he no longer has it too. As you read above he is not volunteering he ever had one....

Just run it enjoy it for what it is. On the 16/52 gearing you will never see how much of a dog it is. Not till you try and gear it like you can a picco or lrp does it show its lack of power. Save your pennys and when she wears out step up to a power house.

don't loose sight that its a toy for fun. don't matter what mill it has if it brings a smile to your face! Enjoy 4 sure

Justin

Hello,
Well I was going to get the LRP .30, or the picco .28, still might get the picco,
I broke in the 5.9 as I don't have the cash at the moment for a new moter, and didnt want to wait. I was pretty impressed with the 5.9. Held a tune no leaks, and pretty tourqey. Eats fuel up..... Did I just luck out with this 5.9 ? Or is the nightmare around the corner.

Thanks

it did nuthing but cause me a headache.it had to be sent back to hpi.and after taken the advice of a few guys from hpisf.i got hpi to send me a f 4.6 instead of the 5.9

I found Just the power is poor. I had a Nova rossi .28 and a lrp .28 when I got that mill. Both smoked it. I have heard of many failures. I only sealed the mid screw so it would not move. Nothing to do with leaks. I am very apposed to sealing a mill that can get a oring to fix the issue. I view it as a hack to get threw a weekend till the orings come in...

I sold mine to Jcam and have felt bad about it ever since. I have no idea how it ever ran again after he had it modded. I do believe he no longer has it too. As you read above he is not volunteering he ever had one....

Just run it enjoy it for what it is. On the 16/52 gearing you will never see how much of a dog it is. Not till you try and gear it like you can a picco or lrp does it show its lack of power. Save your pennys and when she wears out step up to a power house.

don't loose sight that its a toy for fun. don't matter what mill it has if it brings a smile to your face! Enjoy 4 sure

Justin

agree with justin on this one for sure, got out and have fun with it.
When it wears out then do what makes you happy. I run only 100 dollar mills and love it.

Justin

good words man,good words.
just like to add, imo the single biggest problem with the 5.9 , is the pipe.
up grade the pipe and wear it out.
i'm in the process of testing the ofna 086 pipe vs the cen gst pipe.
buku pipe offerd nothing on the 5.9 mill.
buku is a great pipe, just not on the 5.9.

I own an savage x 4.6 with 5.9 engine. And using 16/47 gearing which gearing should i use, i am not looking for a high speed(still want a decent speed) i am more into acceleration(torque)?

Last edited by a moderator:
well on the x 17/47 is stock. the 5.9 is slow (RPM) it wont give you good acceleration with a 2 speed I suggest if your going to run that mill buy and tune up a 3 speed.

Yeah i know but i bought this litlle used savy x 4.6 with 5.9 engine, so i am gona using it till to death, then replacing with other engine(also this is my first nitro engine).

Latest posts

Members online

Back