4.6 big block exhaust upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano41

Hi all,

I’m new to this hobby and I’m in need of some assistance. I want to upgrade my exhaust but have no idea where to find them. Does anyone have a link to a good site?

Sadly not much in the way of Savage parts out there lately, search A Main or E Bay or Tower or Horizon hobby, keep in mind that the pipe is side specific and the outlet needs to point away from the right side of the chassis.....

Thanks jam racing, I have heard that hpi are in the middle of changing hands so parts are limited. I just want to be able to use my car again

You can upgrade to a side exit pipe. In fact most performance pipes are side exit for truggies. Just turn the tip down and the pressure nipple will be on the side. Tons of trucks here set up that way.

The best pipe I have seen for the big block was the Rick Ritter pipe. It looks like a banana smoking a stogie. I picked up a Ritter pipe 15 years ago. It is a hydroformed expansion pipe but it doesn't have a muffler so it is really loud. Works awesome, turns a savage into a wheelie machine. Hard to find but worth the hunt.

I have an 053 pipe on my xl and I'm happy with it, i have the same engine in my trophy truggy with an 086 pipe and I'm happy with that too, i also have the same engine in my cen with a hong nor pi810 pipe on it and I'm happy with that too, granted I'm running a force 5.9 in them but for bashing they are all equally as good and for a 4.6 it will be much and such too

Hi Guys managed to side swipe the corner of a kerb with my 4.6. Smashed the exhaust. any suggestions in the UK to get a tuned silencer for a bit more performance.

Latest posts

Members online

Back