2 Picco .28's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divey1130

Just bought 2 picco's for a price I couldn't pass up. Got them today and one of them has some engraving on both sides. Looks like it says AB Mods and Rick Bame (i think on the name) so I took it apart and it also says the name on the crank with cuts in it, sleeve has cuts and looks like the timing and flow ports, and the con rod has cuts too and has a turbo head with a turbo plug. (od 99 plud) Motor is very clean inside and only has 6 tanks on it. (according to the seller). The second motor is the same but with no name or cuts and clean again. He said this one had about a half gallon it it. He had one on a revo and one a lst2 that looked all raced out. I spoke to him on the phone and didn't believe him at first and took a chance sending the money and 2 days later they came. Just had some questions: can I use these on my savage and 2.5 revo. One has a losi spin start and back plate and the other has the hpi roto back plate. I just ordered a pull start from ebay. Will I at least be able to finally wheelie my savage, should I break the other motor in that has only a couple tanks on them, and what plugs should I use. Also the pinch on them is real tight. Hard to turn by hand. Thanks Terry

if you are gonna put a big block on the revo....i would STRONLY suggest that you buy this kit http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=2553 and this header http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=2648. ryugaiden05 just did this conversion. that kit is one if not THE best big block kit i have seen for a revo. and........another word for the wise....invest in some Robinson Racing steel trans gears if you are puttin a BB in a revo. son't say i didn't warn ya!

AB mods and Rick brake are two different modders. AB mod (Adam) makes some good motors. the other Id just resell....

I have yet to put my RB motor through some really hard tests/reliability but so far 1 gallon and its going strong.

Here are a couple shots I got. I tried to get a real clear picture of the engraving. Anyways I already have the new era mount and header on my list from the guy I bought them from. One of the heads on it has the stars and the other one has the big p3-28 on it. My plan was to buy both then sale one. One of the heads is a little scratched so I bought a new on and that one will be for sale. Everything in the motor looked pretty good to the best of my knowledge but we all know I'm no motor guru. I hope I will be happy with it and keep my 5.9 as a back up. Just finished putting that one back together from replacing the con rod so it will be all sealed and ready to go. I'll even keep the FLM motor mount and flywheel and clutch shoes on. I want to be able to drop it in and screw in four screws and adjust throttle linkage and that's it. How much do you think I could get for them if I sold one? It would come with a brand new head, brand new pull start, brand new dynamite alum long wear shoes, brand new 1.0mm springs, brand new mugen nut, brand new revolution bearings, and all sealed up with the rtv at the carb and back plate as well as green slime for the needles and I'll even throw in a new mc-8 plug. Also does anyone know the factory needle settings for it. I'm going to tune both and try them out. Well that's all I have for now so thanks for looking and for your tips. Terry

DSC_0252-3.jpg

DSC_0253-2.jpg

DSC_0254-2.jpg

DSC_0255-2.jpg

DSC_0256-3.jpg

DSC_0257-2.jpg

DSC_0258-2.jpg

DSC_0259-2.jpg

DSC_0260-2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back