Yet another "n00b" question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FINCH

Will any HPI engine fit directly onto my savage .21? I was looking upgrade and to buy a new XL 5.9 or a SS 4.6 or something else newer from a HPI model truck. Does it need a new engine mount or does it direct fit?

No, the Savage only accepts Big block engines. In most cases any motor over a .21 size is a Big Block but three are some that are still in the small block in this size.

If it's a big block like either of the ones you have listed they will fit with no problem.

OK so as long as it's a BB it will fit. Suggestions on a good replacement? No i don't want a Picco, too noob for that racing stuff. LOL Something easy to fix and tune perhaps?

The axial 28 is a decent motor and only a 100 it is the same as the HPI k 4.6. The lrp will blow the doors off it though just figured I would put it out there.

yes finch the axial.28spec1s is much better then a s25 motor. i run 1 and a k4.6 and just bought another one. decent and fairly reliable engine i would recommend it to those trying to watch the budget.

second that. if you want good modded engine.... i think Purenitro has a modded XTM engine for sale......cheap for a modded engine too.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back