Xl lowering options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1800bigk

What are the options to lower the savage Xl? I have read about a new chassis and something about fuel tubing in the shocks, still don't get that one. What else are people doing to lower the xl. I want to lower mine to calm wheelies and reduce tipping when turning.

Fuel tubing on the shock shaft (under the piston) will work but take some of the travel of the shock away so don't make them too big.
Changing tires, softer springs and less pre loads on the shocks will also get you lower.

ya if you take out the preload spacers it drops the stance alot but i wouldnt suggest heavy duty jumps like this as it tends to bottom out at times well it does on my x anyways...

I want to lower mine to calm wheelies and reduce tipping when turning.

id suggest first going with a different tire, the terra pins are a tall tire with a flimsy sidewall which don't do you any favors in terms of 'tipping' in turns.

2 buds with XL's just went from terra pins to mulchers (Maxx size) & good foams and claim a lot of stability.

am going 2 try a savage suspension conversion set it looks like it will make it lower i just in stalled a set of big bore they made it lower cant Waite 2 go racing with it this weekend i will let u know how it feels

Keep us Posted! don't break it!!
goggles-penguin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back