XL Chassis Conversion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

Go HPI!!! With the release of the Savage XL finally here, they also included some goodies for us Savage X owners!

HPI Savage X owners can now upgrade their truck with this Savage XL Chassis Conversion Set. This set includes 55mm longer TVP chassis plates that give the truck extra stability over rough terrain. The extended chassis plates are 3.0mm, thicker than the stock 2.5mm plates so they’re stiffer and tougher… perfect for extreme driving. The chassis plates have Savage XL logos etched into the chassis to really make them stand out! Also included is a 3mm thick engine mounting plate and an extended rear drive shaft. This is a factory engineered conversion set that is made to fit perfectly for quick and easy installation on any Savage X truck.

We recommend using the Savage XL body for the best fit, but some of the larger truck bodies can also be used.

Note: Original Savage trucks (pre-Savage X) will also need 1 package of #86709 Engine Mount Brace 7x7x74mm (2pcs) for the conversion.​

Savage XL Chassis Conversion Kit

At an MSRP of $90.00, it's not a bad deal as it comes with the TVP's, Dogbone, and the engine plate as well! Not a bad price considering that's from HPI directly!

Now, they haven't forgot about us X users with our weaker drivetrain either!

This SUPER HEAVY DUTY DRIVE SHAFT AXLE SET will upgrade any HPI Savage truck to the ultra-strong outdrives and dogbones developed for the Savage XL. The extra-thick steel dogbones deliver the durability you need for massive engines and bigger trucks. The set includes 4 dogbones, 4 inner drive cups, and 4 outer drive cups that upgrade the front and rear of the truck.
Dogbone and Drive Cup upgrades!

These will upgrade the drive cups and dog bones to the newer and tougher dogbone style drivetrain of the XL! It is a bit expensive however, with the MSRP of $110.00. Also, this only upgrades the actual differential to wheels only. It doesn't include the transmission to differential dog bones.

110$ for the dog bones and axels pfft i have no issues now and its cheaper to get the ones i have if needed

That's what I thought dan, the chassis conversion is cool. But for $110 bucks, the dogbones on the X are a LOT cheaper to replace!

I don't think the price is bad for dog bone kit-it does come with all of the cups as well plus I bet price will be lower than that soon and we could get into a group buy too?

Good find. + Rep!

FYI,
If you are buying this kit you will need a larger body, Proline LST2, Warhead, Genesis bodys fit real nice!

Gavin

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that sucks I just bought my RC solution roll cage 3 months ago now I need RC Solution to make extended cage for the extended TVP's dang it. Cheers!:cheers:

yea lol..me as well, the cage is the only reason I'm not lcg or extended yet..

My brushless savage is almost the exact same length as the XL (5mm shorter I think) but the one thing I noticed in the 5 minutes I got to drive it before it broke was that the turning circle sucked with the longer savage. They haven't done anything to fix this in the XL have they? Have any of the reviews mentioned anything about a bad turning circle.

so basicaly it the same truck most of us have built ours into allready. but nice kits and find...

Xl

If you were at the No Limit RC WF you might have seen my XL. I have the conversion kit w/ the HD dogbones, extended axles, hardened gears. Make sure you get the extended rotostart shaft. My F4.6 w/ 17T clutch & 3 speed prevides plenty of power (of course I removed the baffel from the tuned pipe). I replaced the stock A-arms with Purple RPM (-2 degreein the front). Pro-Line 40 series MOAB tires & rims make it a hoss. If you are going to race it, I reccomend usingstock tires or smaller.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Black Magic II yet....

dsc01726in6.jpg

dsc01730yt9.jpg

dsc01828zr4.jpg

Xl

Black Magic II is actually a conversion kit by Hot Bodies. I think it has been discontinued now though. It definately makes the SAVAGE a threat in the pulling class. I think it will be dialed in better when he pulls again.

hey sd, the kit for making it wider all they have is hub extentions thats it lol and i think everyone knows or should know that all extentions do is wear bearings out faster lol

Why wait, lets take them to the Pulling Championships in Ohio! Are you scared?

I'm your Huckleberry!

I'm Game! Are you???? I'm headed to Ohio. Are you? I may come back with my tail between my legs, but I'll never say I didn't try.

All I can say, your a "Daisy" Loger! :eek:) LOL

How are things across the pound? Good I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back