X4.6 Not Running Well - Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seatpants

I have a new X4.6 with about a 1/2 gallon ran through it. When starting it doesn't want to start or idle without a little throttle applied (I can't release that little bit of throttle or it stalls). It is sluggish until it warms up which takes about 1/4 to 1/2 tank of fuel. Once it reaches that point it runs great (Quick and Snappy). Don't think its the LSN. I have the Ofna Fuel tank and new R5 glow plug and the engine has been sealed. I have tuned it with a thermometer and running around 240 deg constant.

-Is it normal for this motor to take this long to warm up and run like crap until it does? What would the causes be?

-Another question not related - why does it stall in mid-air when jumping?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

may be rich on lsn by a hair. also try turning up idle. sounds like it is choking the engine when idling. mid air if you are off your throttle would be the same issue

I have a new X4.6 with about a 1/2 gallon ran through it. When starting it doesn't want to start or idle without a little throttle applied (I can't release that little bit of throttle or it stalls). It is sluggish until it warms up which takes about 1/4 to 1/2 tank of fuel. Once it reaches that point it runs great (Quick and Snappy). Don't think its the LSN. I have the Ofna Fuel tank and new R5 glow plug and the engine has been sealed. I have tuned it with a thermometer and running around 240 deg constant.

-Is it normal for this motor to take this long to warm up and run like crap until it does? What would the causes be?

Thanks

based on your info above, i say your runnin sweet bro, all of my mills want a little trigger to start & then need to warm up before i hammer them.

240 degrees is a pretty sweet number

based on your info above, i say your runnin sweet bro, all of my mills want a little trigger to start & then need to warm up before i hammer them.

240 degrees is a pretty sweet number

i don't think he can idle at all fred. thats what it sounded like to me.

if that is the case, take off your airfilter, and use youe radio to put your brake on. turn the idle screw till you have a 1-2MM gap in the hole in your carburetor .

looks like your getting the help you need but i wanted to take the time out to say welcome to HPISF!!!!

Ok, leaned LSN. Idle seems to be normal. Still having a problem warming up, taking way to long. Feels like I'm just waisting fuel waiting for it to run good. Its acting if its really rich when starting and about half way, it runs good. Its almost as if I have the half tank lean problem with the Ofna Tank mod. Btw, I can never get the temps to stay steady from full tank to empty tank. (I was wrong about earlier post)

Thanks

you may have a pretty good sized air leak

if air leak it would run leaner not rich. i would say you are dealing with half tank lean issue. tune it at half tank and see how that works for you. if not happy with that then you will want to consider a mid-tank conversion

i will warm faster if you lean out the hsn a lil bit my old 4.6 ran real well at 260-270

I ended up putting the stock tank on it. Gave the fuel line a few loops to add length and shortened up exhaust line. Seems to be holding between 230-250 deg. Can't explain why the Ofna Tank Mod wasn't working.

Latest posts

Members online

Back