Woot..1st Nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after a week of running the truck I finally busted the pull start cord. Decided not the screw around modding the stock pull start to work with a drill. Just going to do a straight up S704 tiger drive and be done with it. I have enough general repairs to do on my fleet at the moment after a weekend of bashing. Every one of my rigs walked away with some sort of damage I have to repair.

Sullivan Products has a warning right on the cross reference page for Savage owners about having to alter the shock tower.....is there a how-to somewhere.

After work I will start my own project thread for your reading enjoyment.

I've never used a S704 on my savage. But I have had to modify my shock tower to use the roto-start in the past. It usually comes down to taking enough material off the tower in key locations so you can get the bit through to the engine.

I have been debating grabbing a S704 for my LRP. So if you don't give it a shot, I will. :)

Yeah, I am for sure going to go with the 704, stopping at the LHS after work to pick it up. I will put it in my build thread when I start it later tonight...because I know I will get antsy and wanna work on it tonight. I spend way too many nights up til 2am because I can't just wait. I rebuilt my Revo last week and averaged a bedtime of 3am.

On another note I need to grab a couple glo-plugs. I am reading the most popular plugs for the XTM 24.7 are the OS A3 or #8. You guys second that?

^^ Thanks bud. Love how fast you guys are on responses to questions. I get out of this salt mine in 1/2 and hour. Anything else I should pick up while I am at the LHS? I have everything that has been mentioned in this thread so far...just wondered if there was any other shiny things I should grab while I am there.

I use os#8 on engines using under 25% nitro, mc-9 on any thing above.

Had to get the OS #8. They were out of McCoys. The guy said it's hard to keep `em in stock. I run 20% so by X's logic I should be okie dokie. I have been using Traxxas fuel because I was told by the previous owner of my Revo that it didn't run well on other brands and the guy I bought the Savage from threw in a gallon.

Walked out of the LHS $150 lighter. Almost have my allowance for the month blown already. Dangit.

But you spent it on worthwhile fun stuff. So no worries. :)

Oh I'm not worried!! LOL. Wife on the other hand :vomit:. She knows the point is coming when I am tapped out and I start making promises to do stuff to get something I think I might need. I'm tellin ya....I need a support group. RCA. 1st step,,,I admit that I powerless over squeezing RC pistol triggers.

Oooh and a little bonus. That 2wd Duratrax Evader MT i picked up for a song today has an HPI Nitro Star 18SS on it. It's neat little 1/10 truck.

So funny story. On the way to the mall for some birthday gift shopping I casually mentioned to my wife that I'd like to get a new body for the Savage. Don't get me wrong, I like the Ford Bronco I got with it...just thought since I'm gearing up to put together a project thread that doing a new body would be fun. She said I should get a hearse because she was going to kill me if I kept dumping the money and time into the RC the way I do. So I said well the LHS is on the way...let's just stop and see once. Low and behold hanging on a hook all by itself I see this
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/7167

Yep, it came home with me. I happen to be an artist so I am going to do a sharpie-art custom paint job. Will be my first one doing sharpie art. I have painted up a few dozen bodies over the years so I know what I am doing there. I haven't settled on a theme quite yet. I like flames and skulls and dark art but I have done so many conventional paint jobs with that theme that its just old now. I love the Assassin's Creed games (hence my avatar) so I was leaning towards that.

Sorry I didn't start that build thread I promised. Got sidetracked with a broken dishwasher.I'll get there soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back