won't resart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifter37

OK guys, got one for you. There is a couple of trucks on the track that have the same problem. They start right up when they are cold, get them tuned in perfect, running between 220-240 temps. The low side is perfect on the pinch test. The trucks run awesome for about say 10 to 15 minutes then its like they cut off on idle for no apparent reason. When you go to start them back they wont hit a lick. If you let them cool off they fire right up and will do the same thing again. Any ideas?

I was going to say the motor is going but you said the pinch on bottom is perfect.

I have the same problem also when we are racing so I have learned to bring a fan and as soon as I am done racing i turn the fan on and let it blow right on the motor and get it cooled down for the next race.

Allot of nitro engine have this problem ... its due to a temporary loose of compression while the engine is how .. .... fixes... that's a hard one .... different plug ... might be a air leak ... Make sure the fuel is runig away from the hot carb .... try to hold the carb wide open when trying the hot restart,
Just keep a firm grip on the thing just in case it fires.. Also just mabey let it run keep dumping fuel into it ..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
We were running last week a my buds LRP on his savage restarted without the ignitor on it. The engine was at 260*...I'd never seen that before. Every time I have that problem the pinch is going away.

i wish i could figure this out because my motor will start, run till i turn it off, then it wont start again.

idk if its related, but my F used to do this before i midtanked. even if i refillled the tank it would happen. almost threw the whole truck in the woods.

midtanked it & it hasn't happen since :thinking:

I got this problem in the in the beginning, I solve it by having different plug, my was cold and I change it to hot

wildcat fuel 20,18

Last edited by a moderator:
my friend had this problem take the head off then look at the pistion and if it was cracked then that was your problem

i would check your fuel lines for cracks an maybe its possible that they are still a little to lean on their tune making it to hot ,i would richen the truck up, its possible the running temp on those is lower than 240.if you cant find a obstruction in the fuel line or a crackin them try checking the bell bearings things like that could cause friction making it to hot.

Sounds to me like the low end is too lean, I know it passed the pinch test cold, but what about hot?

richen the low end by 2 hours and try again, when it gets to operating temp it is getting lean and won't refire because of it.

remember to tune a warmed up engine , never try to tune one cold.

Also I would try changing plugs, and look for any air leak. also check or replace the fuel and pressure lines.
Good luck Buddy

Members online

No members online now.
Back