wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeed1313

is there any way that i can make the tire mount at more of a right angle to the rim all around? i seem to have trouble when i mount the tire on the rim the tire makes a wobble when it rotates. if i just need to take my time or get someone else to do it, is there a helpful tool. thx for your help.

once you've applied your cyanoacrylic glue, sit the tire down on a flat surface, place your hand (or flat object such as a short piece of 2x4) while applying a slight downward pressure and roll the tire back and forth. This should allow the bead to seat properly all the way around, thus eliminating your wobble :)

+1 for beadlocks...I'll never go back to a regular tire!

i have a bad connection so sorry. but the ones that do it the worst are the hpi dirt bonz tires. should i have trimed the foam? I'm begining to think it may be my axles.

i have a bad connection so sorry. but the ones that do it the worst are the hpi dirt bonz tires. should i have trimed the foam? I'm begining to think it may be my axles.

without seeing a vid, I'm thinkin your foams could be the culprit. only caz i see guys run em with these foams here & no wobble, balloon, pizza-cut, etc
http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_165_170&products_id=2179&zenid=a38117eeeb35aa898810efbacc4654fc maybe go around the inside with some duct tape

without seeing a vid, I'm thinkin your foams could be the culprit. only caz i see guys run em with these foams here & no wobble, balloon, pizza-cut, etc
http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_165_170&products_id=2179&zenid=a38117eeeb35aa898810efbacc4654fc maybe go around the inside with some duct tape

If Fred is referring to my dirt bonz I run them with OFNA yellow foams. HPI foam is junk. His link above no tape needed.

once you've applied your cyanoacrylic glue, sit the tire down on a flat surface, place your hand (or flat object such as a short piece of 2x4) while applying a slight downward pressure and roll the tire back and forth. This should allow the bead to seat properly all the way around, thus eliminating your wobble :)

CA sets almost the second the tire hits the rim. Most likely if not foams it is the bead glued above where it is meant to seat. If so bake/boil them off, clean up and stat over. Thin /med CA is best. Thick tends to mess up the beads.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back