drive shaft upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savviboy29

hi guys ive got the extended lower cg chassis from fastrax, part number, FTHP210. this is a pretty cool bit of kit however, the driveshafts that come with it are made from alluminium! who in their right mind would day 'oh i know! we'll make them out of aluminiun!' dumb git! anyway, rant over, does anyone know where i can find steel shafts to fit? cheers peeps!

welcome to the forum. how does the shaft compare to the stock wheel dogbones in length? if its the same length a fast lane machine dogbone will work for you

You need to try and find a dogbone that measures 108mm pin to pin. I'm gonna guess it's ext 1" so you'll need to to find a dogbone for a 1" ext chassis. My buddy's savage has 1" ext TVPs and it's torn down right now for a rebuild, so I'll check the length tom and let you know.

thanks for the warm welcome guys! right the shafte measure 92mm and 103mm also 8 or 9 mm in width. cheers guys!

thats just it though. the shafts get thinner towards the ball end to around 4 or 5 mm. snapped one right at the end already.

id say run it and see what happens if it has that much thickness it might hold

thats just it though. the shafts get thinner towards the ball end to around 4 or 5 mm. snapped one right at the end already.

Since they were made from alum, I knew right away they would twist and/or snap. I've twisted the HD (silver, not flux/SHD) dogbones before. I've also bent FLM dogbones.

Savvi, try finding the dogbones you need on Tower Hobbies. You can search dogbones and it'll pull pretty much all of them. It's a lengthy process doin it, searchin 1 by 1, but in the info they give the length pin to pin. I had to do that to try and find a dogbone when I custom made some ext TVPs in the past. It took some time to find it, but I eventually found the right length one I needed. Hope this helps.

thanks for the help really appreciate it!!!!!

I have just come into the same problem but my shaft is 98mm pin to pin and 104mm total length having a hell of a time finding a new one

I have just come into the same problem but my shaft is 98mm pin to pin and 104mm total length having a hell of a time finding a new one

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back