wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammr

I,m not sure this is the right place for this but, when my savys cold and i,m warming it up,it dosent change gears untill its warm,i wind out first and let off the throttle and as it slows down i get a wobble in the rear end of the truck,any ideas what would cause that?

hmmm I'm not sure why it would do that! just hang tight and I'm sure someone will post some ideas!! sorry i couldnt help!

I,m not sure this is the right place for this but, when my savys cold and i,m warming it up,it dosent change gears untill its warm,i wind out first and let off the throttle and as it slows down i get a wobble in the rear end of the truck,any ideas what would cause that?

Hi,

I am not sure about the wobble, I would say check te lugs and bearings. Anyway, I have read that the transmission wont shift until t is properly tuned, so I would think it would be the same when it's cold? Not 100% sure about either problem though. Does it shift after it warms up? And the wobble does it go away?

John

yes wister is right if your truck is a bit on the rich side sometimes it wont shift as it depends on the engine rpm's to shift, so if the rpm's arent high enough it may not shift!! my truck had a wobble but that was because i slammed it off a curb and the one tire didnt roll straight anymore lol i threw on a new set of tires and rims and readjusted the camber or whatever u call it and it was as good as new but as to your problem i honestly have no idea!! i hope someone here can help u!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"I am not sure about the wobble, I would say check te lugs and bearings. Anyway, I have read that the transmission wont shift until t is properly tuned, so I would think it would be the same when it's cold? Not 100% sure about either problem though. Does it shift after it warms up? And the wobble does it go away?

John"

No i don't think its the tune,once the temps are like 180 it is hard to keep the front end down.You should see all the scrapes on the top of my axial engine.It might not be any thing and the only time it does it is when its slowing down and not the whole time just when it gets to like 3-4 mph.Now as soon as its warmed every thing looks normal no wobble.I,m not concerned about the tranny it has all ways worked like that once it does shift it dosent have a prob doing it after the first shift.

You could also check the hexes that the rim slides over. Either the hex that's mounted on the stub axle or the hex inside the rim might rounded out abit. I had that problem with one of my rims.

You say once it is warmed up it does not wobble anymore? That doesn't make any sence. Maybe you are not slowing down as much once it is warmed up. Do a few runs both cold and warm letting it slow all the way down and check to see if it wobbles all the time. If it only does it cold like you say it has to have something to do with the motor, I can't imagine what though. If it does it both cold and warm like I bet it does, check the above items. Also check the hinge pin holes in the arms. If they are wallowed out it will make it do that. Could even be warn bearings.

I have had this wobble also and it came down to the tires were glued properly to the rims and they were out of balance... look at the beeds and make sure they are sealed all the way around.

I have had this wobble also and it came down to the tires were glued properly to the rims and they were out of balance... look at the beeds and make sure they are sealed all the way around.

I was going to say the same thing. Mine develops wobble when I have pulled part of the bead out of my maximizer rims. happens on bad landings. Same thing happens with glued tires.

we have a winner ,i cecked the inside beads and one had a gap of almost an inch

yeah i did and at the same time i took a little toe out of the rear tires, and it took the wobble out,thanks for your help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back