Wire Mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

I have a Jeep Rubicon on my savvy and to cool the motor a little beter I was gonna put wire mesh inside my front winshield after i cut it out. I want the wire since I have rocks that fly up and hit it I don't want it getting inside.:confused:

My friend put window screen (from house windows) in his body. It looked pretty cool and collected alot of dust and mud before it hit his air filter. Of course nothing stopped it from coming in from the bottom.

I know that at the end of the day his filter was alot cleaner than mine.

Yup Black would be really cool looking
worthless.gif

well thatwindow screen or tghe screen from screened in porches

HPI_Savage25 said:
well thatwindow screen or tghe screen from screened in porches

If I got what your asking right he used the mesh type screen. His was in a big roll that was laying around the garage so it was probably the stuff for screened in porches.

Thats what I'm going to use I don't like plastic that much but I don't hae the money to convert to all aluminum

i've been using the plastic screen for a long time and never once had it tear or get damaged.:) the only problem that i encountered with the metal screen is when it frays at the ends it tends to hurt when it pokes my fingers.

wll thats true but i would still prefer the metal because its stiffer. if you have a rock fly up and hit it, it wont strech or rip.

i use car audio speaker grills

all you need to do is have a vice and a good set of sharp tin snipps, after you have the shape you need you can paint it with an air brush and it looks awesome, i used a chrome and a metallic orange..........friggin' sweet.

be careful not to use a rattle can for the painting of the mesh, the paint is too thick and will fill the holes in the mesh, so use an airbrush, looks way better........almost store bought.:)

on-spinners said:
all you need to do is have a vice and a good set of sharp tin snipps, after you have the shape you need you can paint it with an air brush and it looks awesome, i used a chrome and a metallic orange..........friggin' sweet.

be careful not to use a rattle can for the painting of the mesh, the paint is too thick and will fill the holes in the mesh, so use an airbrush, looks way better........almost store bought.:)

By no means am I saying you are doing it wrong but I want to let the other folks know if you use tin snipps to cut wire mesh:eek: or any other kind of wire for that matter you are going to go through lots of tins snipps and trust me they are not the cheapest tool out there, just my $.02 take it for what you will

your entitled to your opinion but.........speaker mesh is "tin" and "tin snipps" are designed to "snip" it, have you ever tried cutting mesh with a hack-saw?

obviously your speaking out of context, i suggest trying this first before assuming it will not work.

oh and i'm not sure where your finding "your" tin snipps but mine were only about 5 bucks.............and i've cut a whole lot of mesh with 'em too.

peace.

on-spinners said:
your entitled to your opinion but.........speaker mesh is "tin" and "tin snipps" are designed to "snip" it, have you ever tried cutting mesh with a hack-saw?

obviously your speaking out of context, i suggest trying this first before assuming it will not work.

oh and i'm not sure where your finding "your" tin snipps but mine were only about 5 bucks.............and i've cut a whole lot of mesh with 'em too.

peace.

If you want to get technical about it no speaker mesh is not tin it's "expanded" yes I do know that and I do know how to cut expanded with a grinder that has a cutting wheel on it I work with tin for a living so I use good tin snips so this is not out of context at all to put it blunt I was just trying to warn people that if they cut expanded (speaker mesh) with tin snips they will wreck there snips I was not trying to flame you, like you just did to me, you do what ever you want with your snips I could really care less but maybe next time before you flame someone you should know what you are talking about

Non ot yet..i just run the hell out of my boddies... The only body i run is the stock one b/c my jeep one looks like **** and it doesn't mount up right. The next time I get a body i will though

the only problem i have found with it is that it weakons the top as you could probably figure out from the broken a pillars

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back