Wider? Longer? Lower? Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx28

Ok so I'm new to the savages and there are so many models. I just bought a nitro savage and am in the process of converting it to electric. I have that taken care of basically. I want to widen the savage and lower it to be truggy like. Any ideas guys? Extended arms and shafts? Lcg tvps? What parts should I get? I searched and haven't found much. I've found pictures basically how I want it to look but I have no idea what parts they've used. Thanks.

if its a truggy you want then why get a savage, i mean that in a nice way :) extending the arms puts the bearings ect under more strain, lowering it is no problem, you can buy after market towers with heaps more adjustment, theres a few on the bay of e

Last edited:
And please don't buy aluminum A-arms unless you want to cry after you bend them.....

If only RPM made a nice extended set, sadly they don't.

Your best bet for reliable extension is to get a set of wheels with an offset.

Luckily lowering the savage is fairly easy. A set of LCG TVPs from Innovative RC or Fast Lane Machine along with adjusting your suspension will take care of that.

Yeah I don't want any aluminum arms lol. Bin there bent that. I don't see why rpm doesn't make any. I might just get the lcg tvps and see how that works. If not I heard something about extended hellfire arms or something that work But can't find anything on them.

Yeah I don't want any aluminum arms lol.
Smart move. Aluminum is pretty to look at but costly and tends to bend and then weaken. Unfortunately aluminum is the only way to go if you want wider a-arms. Another good idea would be the offset rims, though this also comes with it's own negatives too such as putting more stress on the bearings.

I found this picture. They aren't aluminum I don't think. I found other pictures of the same truck but no explanation on what arms are used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-23-13-57-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-13-57-36.png
    902.7 KB · Views: 26
See how wide this thing is and they don't look aluminum at all. I really want those lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-23-18-52-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-18-52-35.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 25
See how wide this thing is and they don't look aluminum at all. I really want those lol
It would be nice if you're able to find out who makes those and where you can get them. Like I said in my first post, I'm only aware of one company that makes wider a-arms and those are the aluminum ones I linked. If there are others I've not seen but would like too. :D

I found who makes them and have contacted them. They don't make them anymore cause they couldn't find strong enough plastic to use. It's Kershaw Designs the same company that makes the aluminum ones. I'm looking online trying to find good strong flexible plastic sheets to possibly send in if they are willing to make some. Not sure on that yet. I may just end up going with aluminum sadly. I also heard something about hellcat or hellfire arms work? Dunno about all that I'd really like to find a dedicated kit.

Seems like a lot of effort, and money to go wider a-arm route. You need uppers, lowers, tie rods/steering linkages, axles, etc... If I was just going for a "look" and not extreme bashing with that setup - just use the XL outer stub axles with 1/2" or more offset wheels. Much cheaper and easier to to change back to a narrower basher setup in like 5 minutes.

^ oops kind of forgot the XL outer stubs use the thicker dogbone axles than the nitro version you are converting... :( still gotta be an easier way though

easiest way would be to just get a truggy, a Savage is built as a MONSTER Truck, a truggy will be wider longer and lower by far....... there are many to choose from out on the current market......

And why convert a nitro Savage? If you want the awesomeness of a Savage just get a Flux and mod it. Savages are monster trucks first and foremost so you might look at one of the available truggys as mentioned above. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back