whos done the fishing line mod? work on badlands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

I have blown 2 dirt claw tires due to them turning into pizzas... they were strapped aswell!!!

From vids i have seen the badlands should be a bit better but i am still considering the fishing line mthod... do you think it will work with the badlands???

Anyone tried this?
When you do it... do you CA Glue the line to the tire? does a not have to be tied somewhere???

sorry if these are silly questions... i just don't want to blow my new tires

Thanks

Josh

When you do it... do you CA Glue the line to the tire? does a not have to be tied somewhere???

sorry if these are silly questions... i just don't want to blow my new tires

Thanks

Josh

Not silly quetions at all.....What I did was tightly wrap each of the two grooves twice and tied a small tight knot and just as you suspect....glue the line directly to the outside of the tire, I use aka glue and it seems to do better than ca. I've got probably 30 runs on mine with only minor touching up with a little glue here and there. 40lb test fishing line is working for me.

The Gorrilla tape is pretty rubbish for my needs aswell... doesnt seem to stick. I may try using extra tape inside the tire... But i still don't think it will be enough... Looking at the badlands do you think i could place the fishing wire down the centre?

or will there be too much movement as the tire knubs arent close enough???

1255.jpg

thanks js... my tires came today, so ill strap them and see how badly they balloon, if its crazy then ill try th fishin line.

I hate traxxas i use strapping tape which is reenforced...

if your tape isn't sticking make sure you clean the tire with some alcohol or some kind of cleaning agent then let dry completely then strap your tires.

i just strapped my badlands that i got today as well and the gorilla tape stuck really good but i did clean them first.

well the tape did come off... so frustrating, now some tires are out of balance compared to others. Removing tires is such a pain so I'm going to leave it for now.

o know this is a old thread ... but saw someone was looking at it so clicked it lol.. wow never heard of the fishing line belting method ... looks like a fail waiting to happen in so many ways ... line cutting into tires.... the line getting cut n frayed from the rocks n dirt ect ... just my .02 cents ..lol just never heard of this ,,,might work on slower street running stuff ...idk...

Latest posts

Members online

Back